1UZ cruise control cable qestion, pic of problem inside

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

deankdx

hope this is in the right section,
has anyone got a pic of the cruise control cable that goes onto throttle lever, i can modify the falcon end to fit onto toyota shaft but it will have to be chopped up a bit(i'd prefer to keep it original as it was designed if possible).

the set up will easily fit and look like it is a factory install i don't have any cruise control stuff from the half cut conversion and i'm sure most would discard this stuff also, but if you have one and it looks like it can be able to be mated to ford cable pull motor(vacuum controlled electronically)(it wouldn't supprise me if i can use actual toyota under bonnet setup as the speedo arangement on the ford is electronic not cable), i'd consider buying it from you if i could adapt it easier than modifying stuff.
thanks Dean

If your car originally hd Ford cruise control there's no reason you can't fit the Touota actuator and have it work.

The Ford item should work fine on the Toyota engine.

Zuffen said:
If your car originally hd Ford cruise control there's no reason you can't fit the Touota actuator and have it work.

The Ford item should work fine on the Toyota engine.
no idea if half cut had one, have left a message for previous ovner to see if he still has it, but he finished this car a year ago.

the ford cruise control i have(RARE i would like another) was an option on XF i have had it on my XE and now it will be refitted to this new XF

i assumed the ford wiring would run the toyota actuator but i don't have one, or a pic to see how it mounts in engine bay, falcon one fits in almost same location, just has different cable ends. really i'd like to see a pic to know if it would be easier to modify toyota bit to match ford cable or source a crown 1UZ actuator

Guts said:
I`ll post up a pic of mine tomorrow when I`m on my other computor. I have the factory toyota cruise.
thanks Guts, if you dont mind could you try to get the wiring plug in the same pic, the ford one has 5 wires in a rectangle plug(not that i should be so lucky that it would just plug in)

I would't try to adapt the Toyota cruise to the Ford loom and cotrol system.

Adapt the end of the cable to the Toyots throttle and it will work fine.

The computer controlling the system only knows the revs of the driveshaft are either more or less than the set point you established. It dosen't care what throttle it activates.

Here you go, I went out side to my shed powered up the high bays and took some pics for ya, then had to start up other puter bla bla bla bla.

People here have helped me that much I thought this is the least I could do to help back

I`ll post these then take a pic of the pug for ya. All but one are a bit blury because I tried holding the camera close to get the detail for you, camera doesn`t like it that close and the close up setting I haven`t worked out how to get the flash to work. But I think they be ok for ya.

and the plug, its only 3 wire.

Now do you want anymore possing pics of my hand lol

Now does anybody know which box under the dash it is that runs the standard crown cruise? I have everything but just don`t know what is what.

BRILLIANT! thanks guts i was just about to go to bed too, thats plenty for the cable end, never dreamed of a crazy looking clip thingo, the ball end will probably stop me from buying the clip and that plastic bush looks part of the cable too,
no rush but could i get a pic of the actuator/vacuum motor too. if its a pain to mount i'll fit the ford one,
maybe the cable from toyota one will fit ford actuator?
thanks again i'm off to bed very soon .
working on the BEAST tommorrow hopefully diff is ready before3pm

thanks again Guts, you've saved me lots of time, the toyota atuator would be harder to mount, no room for a short cable install i'll either modify the ford cable end or modify the the cruise throttle LEVER have to cut a little bit off(don't like cutting up perfect setups)

hope this thread helps others in the future also, sorry i cant help with your question about cruise computer location

found the aswer to the first problem, a screw in stud ball end(whatever its called) from the local carby place, all i have to do is cut the bit off toyota lever(where that funny clip goes) and drill a hole for the knuckle.

second problem(pic is a bit fuzzy sorry) should be easy enough to nut out, but i was hoping the guy who did this would have left the ford speedo plug and wired toyota bit into it, so the wiring harness that used to fit in series with ford speedo plug now has to be integrated into toyota loom where ever he has picked up for the ford speedo signal. oh well should have known it wouldnt be that simple.

hey guts there is a black box under the dash near drivers side
it has "speed control" writen on it

ill be fitting cruise to mine
using crusie motor from the crown as soon as i find some on/off, resume, set, switches for my hilux

I have the crown steering wheel switches, at a quick look (haven`t held near the wheel) it looks as if we can make these work on the lux. I`ll just have to learn japanesse to be able to read them lol.

Thanks sideshow, I thought that might have been it but from memory there is another one with something simlar on it.

Nobody happens to have wiring diagram just for the cruise from a crown? Would make it easier, but can do without if have to.

thanks zuffen

i look at a crown 1uz steering wheel

it has 3 lil buttons on the side of the wheel

right side if i nemember right

is that true zuffen

if the buttons are on the wheel then u need the big disk behind the wheel that transmits the signals from the button on wheel to the column and then to ecu

which is goin to be a hassle to fit nice and neat

my hilux has 2 rectangle plugs on right side just aboive where your knee would sit
next to the dimmer

im goin to try find 2 switches to fit there
each switch with 2 buttons

so one will be on then set then resume the cancel

it should be easy to wire up once i have all the hardware

The crown steering wheel cruise switch I have is just another stalk like blinkers but it is mounted to the steering wheel not the coloum. It goes up and down as well as forward and back, its in *** so I don`t know what direction does what.

I had a look at the crown cruise wheel mounted switches today. You can not fit the whole coloum mounted section as the centre hole on the crown stuff is to small to go over the hilux shaft. I then tried to fit just the spinning disk thing to the hilux blinker stalk mount thing but It would fit either because the setup the disk has is different.

So basicly you can not use the standard crown steering wheel switches.

One thing I did notice while having it all apart is that it looks like the hilux setup has provisions for wheel mounted controlls. What I think is that the blinker stalk holder section (what ever you call it) would be the same as some other toyota that does have wheel mounted controlls, so it would just be a matter of finding what other toyota share this part with the hilux and has wheel mounted cruise controll switches.

Sideshow if you look around you`ll be able to find a squarish switch that will go straight in those holes. If you get 1 that is on/off/on spring return you beable to do what you want then just have another that is on/off.

You can 100% get switches like I have told you about as I have several of them between the cruiser and hilux. But the spring return one might be harder to find.
I have my diff locks in those holes