1/4 mile times with new exhaust....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I ran my Soarer (slightly heavier than the US SC400 i believe) at 14.9sec at around 99mph from memory. Dont hold me to the MPH as I am on the other side of the world to my timeslip at the moment!

Stock (inc wheels and tyres) except for a custom set of 4-1 extractors and a dual 2.5inch system with high flow cats resonators and straight through mufflers all Magnaflow brand.

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 0
cyberdiamond said:
I ran my Soarer (slightly heavier than the US SC400 i believe) at 14.9sec at around 99mph from memory. Dont hold me to the MPH as I am on the other side of the world to my timeslip at the moment!

Stock (inc wheels and tyres) except for a custom set of 4-1 extractors and a dual 2.5inch system with high flow cats resonators and straight through mufflers all Magnaflow brand.
Exhaust mods are big on these older SC4's and Soarers.....Factory is very restrictive at new for starters, but when you ad another 14 years or so on to that same exhasut system, what you get is "major" exhaust flow restriction.....

With exhaust mods such as S&S headers, Straight thru mufflers, larger mandrel piping, high flowing cats and Y's, I would venture to guess 50hp or so can be gained on some of the older lexus's... Remember fellas, I am talking about the older models SC's and not the newer ones...... Big gains were made for me just by changing out the old stock rear clogged mufflers alone.....

I've changed out exhaust systems before on older Chevy's/ Landcruisers, Montero's, 300Z TT nissans, Isuzu troopers, older SS Nova, Iroc's, Firebird, etc..I never got the kind of gains like I did when changing out my 1992 SC4 exhaust to highflow......But then again 10-20 years ago straight thru mufflers were unheard of for street use and the other highflowing crap was not as effecient as todays stuff.....My original SC4 mufflers and original cats were very clogged and blackened when I removed them even though my car was only showing 94,000 miles at that time. I was suprised...... To test for kicks I blew compressed air thru both and nothing came out the other ends, or close to nothing anyway......Then I blew compressed air thru the new straight thru mufflers and magnaflow center cat before installing. The compressed air passed thru like they were not even their....Magnflow cats, Y's and Straight thru Mufflers pass air big itme like you would pass gas after eating re-fried beans.:doh: .........Headers were big too... Those are my two cents for what ever it is worth....

stevechumo said:
That's a very interesting 1/4 mile with your stock SC. You know how to run this auto tranny and you're not that far from the factory tested 1/4 mile of 15.2 seconds, especially when you're having your stereo system and maybe some heavier rims than factory rims. What year is your SC and the mileage on it?

With a shift kit and a modified torque converter with stock engine, I'm positive it'll decrease the 1/4 mile by around .25 second.
1995 SC400

it had 187 000km when i did this, now it is at 190 000km.

returned this saturday on the track and couldn't do more than 15.5 and 15.6. I couldn't drop my 60 feet to those astonishing 2.2 i made last time. but the MPH was the same, 92MPH. Also, this time i had passenger seat removed, rear seat, subwoofer removed. maybe 120lbs total in removed stuff. But it was very hot this day, and they had put glue on the track so i couldn't spin the car on the lights or i was doing red lights.

but yes, it performs well... when it wants! ;)

next step is exausth system, then probably a blower. I'll stick with the stock T/C since i like the smooth city cruising it provides. And my SC is more a sunday cruiser than a drag car.

A blower? I would love to see that on a street legal 1UZ-FE 1995 SC400...Also aggresive torque converters does not effect the luxury ride of the vehicle, it only increases performance at lowend.....Take offs can still be very smoothe once you get use to driving with it.. Really no o different from stock, the only difference is you just don't throttle down on the pedal hard like stock from take off...You gently ease into the throttle pedal......The T.C. upgrade should really be your first mod in my opinion on the SC4's...Infact if anything changing out the exhaust turns the car from luxury to hotrod in sound and performance, not the Torque Converter...

Since you've got one, I'll beleive you! I never driven a UZ with dragon T/C so i can't say nothing but speculations. It might come before the blower then.

BTW, changing the oil yesterday in my A-340E was like giving it a new life. Damn, now it,s so smooth and smooth and... smooth! You don't even feel any gear changes, and it's not slipping at all. And it solved my problem with the A/C on, now the car don,t want to move anymore when i'm on a red light! Thumbs up Toyota Type-IV!

Attachments

• LS400 ignition.jpg
    LS400 ignition.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 2
UZZ30-Québec said:
Since you've got one, I'll beleive you! I never driven a UZ with dragon T/C so i can't say nothing but speculations. It might come before the blower then.

BTW, changing the oil yesterday in my A-340E was like giving it a new life. Damn, now it,s so smooth and smooth and... smooth! You don't even feel any gear changes, and it's not slipping at all. And it solved my problem with the A/C on, now the car don,t want to move anymore when i'm on a red light! Thumbs up Toyota Type-IV!
It's good to hear your tranny gets better. You might also consider a complete flush of the tranny fluid. With a complete flush, the old fluid in the torque converter will also be drained out. With regular fluid change, the old fluid is still in there. I had a complet flush awhile ago and it's a lot better since then.

I'm a little different from you. The hi-performance T/C will only come after the blower (a turbocharger preferable).

I did a complete flush, via the cooler return line.

Before the supercharger, I think it'd be best to install headders and a good exausth system. I tought about twin 2.5 inches, since i might go higher power later with the blower. But, X pipe, H pipe, Y pipe or simply Twin... I'm really confused about wich is the best. But i'll also run cat, twin resonators and mufflers, i want more flow but i also want to keep it as quiet as possible, so with all this stuff, i might even go twin 2 3/4 inches