1/4 mile times with new exhaust....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xirforever

Hey guy, i put a 2.25" exhaust system from my cats back with an x-pipe, two hiflow resonators, and two straight through mufflers. I have before and after results with the exhaust, i hope you like it. Actually now that i try to upload them there is a problem, ill email them to David and have him post them...

Thanks,
Nick

xirforever said:
Hey guy, i put a 2.25" exhaust system from my cats back with an x-pipe, two hiflow resonators, and two straight through mufflers. I have before and after results with the exhaust, i hope you like it. Actually now that i try to upload them there is a problem, ill email them to David and have him post them...

Thanks,
Nick

Nick, give us the numbers...

i emailed david twice with them, i dont know what he is doing over there..... ill type the numbers up when i get home from school in like 4 hours. The time difference tho was about .4 seconds to .3 seconds....

Before Times
R/T… .369 .542
60 … 1.864 2.439
330… 5.382 6.868
1/8… 10.59 10.408
MPH… 69.70 70.34
1000… 13.604 13.398
1/4… 16.169 15.938
MPH… 87.97 88.66

After Times
R/T… .635 .599
60 … 2.451 2.432
330… 6.839 6.839
1/8 … 10.360 10.376
MPH… 70.64 70.31
1000… 13.351 13.378
1/4 … 15.894 15.929
MPH… 88.39 88.09

David, i have 4 slips there, two before, and two after, the last one cut off the other driver (who cares) and its easy to tell which numbers are mine becuase i wasnt running high 12's, lol anyway, they got the numbers, you and snipper saw them, so credebility isnt an issue....

It might be hard to understand the slips becuase the last two are very faint, they must have been running out of inc and was lightly stamped, so my scanner didnt pick it up too well. Plus i have a bad scanner... lol

RT's (Reaction Time's) generally dont come into the ET (quarter mile time) tho.
so that doesnt make a difference to the results.

really. it takes the car the RT + ET to get from one end to the other.

Looks like the 60-ft's need to be switched. 1.8 and you ran a 16? Seriously? I don't see how that is. But nice job, 1.8 60-ft is pretty good.

sorry about that, 60' time and 330' times are somewhat messed up on the before times, its more around 2.4, lol. You can figure it out if you look at it hard enough.

Did you ever break the 12 second barrier... I would think with a complete exhaust change (mufflers to headers) you would gain more then less then a half a second in the quarter...Am I reading this correctly?

R/T = Reaction time. IT's the time between the green light is on and your car moving of the launch line. (the firsts 2-3 feet)

E.T. = Elapsed Time, it's the time between your car has moved trough the R/T sensor and the finish line. Even if you take 10 seconds before pressing the gas when the light is on, the 1/4 mile timer won't activate before your car moves.

BTW, i don't know stock LS times, but thoses are slow, i ran a 15.4 with my stock SC fully loaded with sound system, est. 3800lbs. The MPH is also kinda slow. And you sleep on the green light (Insert smiling smilie that doesn't work)

I suggest there's a sticky on this forum and everyone posts their 1/4 mile times and mods. it'd be very interesting.

Xir - I thought I was the only one running on straight thru muffflers with high flowing resonators? I had tried a few different types of mufflers (ovals) and determined nothing out flowed the circular straight thru mufflers...Nothing was louder either... Good choice my friend for performance.......

Any pics to show what the setup looks like? I used the 3" Megan N1 racing mufflers with the 2.25 rear section piping... A imuffler inlet sleeve reducer was used on both the mufflers which connect to the 2.25 rear section piping...Made it all work and flow perfect and iit is now wide open for exhaust flow...I also found that the larger 3" straght thru's also seem to flow better then a 2.25 or even 2.50 straight thru's mufflers.. .Most people don't know that little info.....

UZZ30-Québec said:
...BTW, i don't know stock LS times, but thoses are slow, i ran a 15.4 with my stock SC fully loaded with sound system, est. 3800lbs. The MPH is also kinda slow....
That's a very interesting 1/4 mile with your stock SC. You know how to run this auto tranny and you're not that far from the factory tested 1/4 mile of 15.2 seconds, especially when you're having your stereo system and maybe some heavier rims than factory rims. What year is your SC and the mileage on it?

With a shift kit and a modified torque converter with stock engine, I'm positive it'll decrease the 1/4 mile by around .25 second.