Who wants a TRD Supercharger for there Soarer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The 1UZ has different inlet manifold to the LX.

You would need to make a full custom manifld to get it to function. It could be done (anything can!) but it would be a fair task.

When this unit first came out I also was curious about using it on the 4.0 liter engines. The question has still not been answered to my satisfaction. The 4.7 liter truck engines use essentially the same LOOKING manifold as my 99 LS400 except the truck version does not have the trick internal butterfly valves that make my manifold variable runner length. So, it should bolt up to my engine and of course any other 1998 and newer US spec 1UZFE and probably 3UZFE engines. I would guess this would also apply to the rest of the world.

Now, does this mean that the earlier engines have a different port and bolt pattern? Probably not. But again, without actual testing or at least manifold gasket matching... we cannot say.

What DOES seem to be known is the height of the SC unit and the necessity for a hood bulge or scoop.

is the difference in the 4 - the 4.7 bore. the heads may be the same but further apart.
I reckon it would fit but i am bassing that on nothing
i would love one under my hood

If really need to know, maybe I can pull both manifolds. I have a 1998 1UZvvti and a 2002 Tundra 2UZ. From looking at the outside, they are identical. That supercharger went at a great deal ~$1600.

Hello, I have been looking at this site for the last few months but for some reason I have never signed up, but after seeing this post I had to.

I actually e-mailed TRD about this exact topic a few months ago on behalf of myself and my friend's performance shop. We recieved an e-mail back from TRD on this topic, let me show you what they wrote so that it may help solve a few problems:

Unfortunately due to pulley clearences and deck heights of the block, the 2uzfe supercharger will not work on the 1uzfe. The main problem would be the pulley system as the pulley from the supercharger will interfere with the existing pulleys and tensioner pulleys. The problem also is with the shorter deck height, our current boost setting on the supercharger will produce roughly about 14 psi on the 1uzfe as opposed to the 7 psi on the 2uzfe.

TRD Help

"***" <****@*****.com>
05/06/2004 04:21 PM

To: <[email protected]>
cc:
Subject: Performance Shop question

Hello,

My name is *****, I am contacting you on behalf of 6 Gears High Performance in Toronto Canada. Recently we have been approached by Lexus SC400 drivers and asked about the rumors of being able to use a 4.7L V8 Tundra Supercharger on the SC400 without any structural modifications. This rumor has been extremely prevalent and I would like to know if there is any truth in this, if the TRD Tundra Supercharger really is capable of operating in the 1UZ engine without having to remove anything from the vehicle or without heavily modifying the body. I would appreciate any information you could provide, and I look forward to doing business with your company in the future.

Thanks you for your time
Gears High-performance: *** ** ***