Recent content by yodathespian87

1. yodathespian87

What have you owned up until your UZ "Beast"?

1986 2wd Toyota Pickup 1987 4x4 Toyota Pickup Extra cab 1993 Toyota 4Runner 1991 Toyota 4Runner 1994 Lexus SC400 2001 Toyota Tacoma
  2. yodathespian87

newbie need a little info on swap

I don't think so. The Land Cruisers have the 3F-E engines. Which is an inline 6. Could always make an adapeter plate. I'm wondering how far off the Tundras trans are off??? To me that would be a closer fit and there are a few Tundras with manual transmissions.
  3. yodathespian87

Cars For Sale 94 SC400 - Colorado- $1000obo

Thanks for your interest in the car but it's no longer for sale.
  4. yodathespian87

Cars For Sale 94 SC400 - Colorado- $1000obo

Selling my SC400, 1uz works great, needs TPS, it's in loop right now. New timing belt, water pump, idler pulley. 135-140K miles. Salvage title. Coils were heated so the car sits lower. Has bondo spots, small crack at the top of the windshield. Previous owner was in accident in the front. Great...
  5. yodathespian87

SC400 suspension issues

I don't want it lowered, someone did that already, it's so low I slide on every bump, and my tires rub the inside fender. Just terrible. Plans for the vehicle would be something close to stock if I don't end up stripping out the car. Having a few issues with the title. As it was Salvage.
  6. yodathespian87

SC400 suspension issues

Ok, so I have been slowly working on this sc400 I picked up. One of the issues is god aweful wear pattern on the front tires. Apparently the previous owner thought the car looked cooler lowered so they heated up the front springs and now the tires riipped up all the under fender stuff and are...
  7. yodathespian87

4x4 1uz gearing?

I know you are concerned about gears but do keep in mind that if you are running 35" or bigger tires on toyota axles then you need to switch your birfs out to 30 spline shafts, and probably should gusset the axle up.
  8. yodathespian87

$500

Wow that looks good. I need to get mine running good and then get it looking like that. Love the white but I think I will keep the black. Nice looking SC.
  9. yodathespian87

94 SC400 Misc. Repair

So a buddy came by that is a mechanic, played around with the car a little bit. He ended up messing with the TPS and put the car in loop. Now she works great. So something is wrong with the TPS or something in that system. I was told not to drive it around cause it could mess with the shifting...
  10. yodathespian87

Widebody SC400 Rear Fenders

Why!!!??? I think I just threw up a little.
  11. yodathespian87

Nice. I figure if I have to replace the fenders due to the fact they are all bondo and rust (and poorly done at that) Then being slightly wider would look good. Minus that crazy looking fin that car looks pretty good.
  12. yodathespian87

Do you have a link for those fenders? For my 4Runner I had to put on a hood scoop cause of my 5vz-fe engine swap. It had that 3m tape on it but then I riveted and bondoed it and it is solid. Counter sinked the holes a little. Worked well. I suppose a 2 part epoxy would work but you will need a...
  13. yodathespian87

94 SC400 Misc. Repair

My fuse box is/was all messed up as well. I will have to check that out. I'm on Bit Torrent already.
  14. yodathespian87

94 SC400 Misc. Repair

As for the broken HVAC controller I have yet to deal with that but it may be broken as my climate control has power to the diasplay but I have no blower what so ever. The only heat I get is when I'm driving I get a little, not a enough to do anything. And Nothing for my A/C as well. By the way...
  15. yodathespian87

94 SC400 Misc. Repair

So it has got worse. I can't go over 40 miles and hours, soon as the RPMs hit 1800-1900 the engine seems to hit a kill switch until the RPMs drop under 1800. I noticed the timing belt suddenly has become semi loose. It flexes about an inch now. Anyone have an idea of what is wrong?