numbchux's latest activity

• N
    numbchux replied to the thread 87 4Runner 1UZ swap, get comfy.
    I had a few minutes on Saturday to do some wrenching, and I really wanted to put my mind to rest by proving that the oil leak from the...
  • N
    Daylight, under it's own power! 20200801_073307 by Numbchux, on Flickr 20200801_073315 by Numbchux, on Flickr Still a lot to be done...
  • N
    Yesterday I learned....the stock ECU/Fuel pump controller does not prime (at least, not always). Several times, after leaving the ECU...
  • N
    So, I stripped the wiring down to a standalone engine management harness more than a year ago. Ran it for awhile, then replaced ECU caps...
  • N
    numbchux replied to the thread Food for thought.
    I don't think you'll get a high-enough-volume roots blower down there. I had an M62 for a previous project, and it was bigger than any...
  • N
    Finished editing some video that I took last week, showing how it all fits in there. Stayed up late last night and got a bunch of...
  • N
    I bought an elocker axle the other night. Came with a few extra parts... 2020-07-01_11-29-42 by Numbchux, on Flickr
  • N
    Finished the transmission cooler lines, I think I'm going to change the RH exhaust manifold to go almost straight down, and cross under...
  • N
    Just joined after finding this place while looking for information on the web. I have a 1942 Lincoln Zephyr sedan and a 2001 LS430. My...
  • N
    numbchux replied to the thread No power to starter.
    Triple check all your contacts for that circuit. Main battery positive and ground cables, as well as the signal side (through the key...
  • N
    Part of the starter, would be included with a new one. Can be repaired/replaced separately, although I wouldn't do your first on a 1UZ.
  • N
    Sounds to me like worn contacts in the solenoid on the starter...
  • N
    My plan has always been to use a stock A340F floor shifter, I pulled one from a '98 4Runner in the junkyard with linkage. I bought a new...
  • N
    On my '94 SC400 engine, the start circuit is very simple, ECU is not involved. Where are you reading 10v? Sounds like you've got a...
  • N
    It's actually bolted to the frame. No wood blocks involved. Frame-side motor mount brackets built. These sit right onto the tabs on the...