Recent content by Jesus-Ninja

1. J

DBW Throttle Issue

Cheers - will do some logging. No autobox though :)
  2. J

DBW Throttle Issue

I'm surprised that the ECU "cares" about the pedal position for fueling and ignition. I would have thought it took the signal from the TPS / MAF for that. I thought DBW was more to do with CC control and VSC.
  3. J

DBW Throttle Issue

Thanks, guys. Is DBW delete pretty straight forward? If I fitted a cable operated TB, then I just have to make the TPS work? I won't need CC on this.
  4. J

DBW Throttle Issue

I'm doing a 3UZ transplant, and the donor had a funny issue. It runs, but if you stab the throttle it coughs and bogs. Engine is now running independently from the body loom, and having pulled the inlet snorkel off, it's apparent what the problem is. The engine will progressively rev, all the...
  5. J

What should the range for TPS be?

That's kind of my point. With the TPS off, I got 0 to 90, installed was about 14 to 80. I expected something nearer your range. Perhaps it doesn't matter. It's within the range in the workshop manual (such as it is, being over 60 at WOT) but it just struck me as odd, and was a natural area...
  6. J

At the time of asking the question it was far from being a well running machine.
  7. J

1UZ VVTi hits a "wall" at around 4.5krpm

It's just the standard MAF from the stock LS400 setup. I've thought about making a nice aluminium one to carry the stock MAF, but it wouldn't really improve anything, I don't think.
  8. J

OK - I suppose I deserved that. Anything over 60% then. Seems a bit vague though!
  9. J

I think the filter was a fake. Having done some research there appears to be a few around.
  10. J

I think it's down to what appears to be a fake Apexi air filter. I'd had it previously on a Legnum twin turbo, but it was hard pipe to the turbo, and then of course all positive pressure from the turbo to plenum. Running with no filter is immense!! Got to find a filter now though. Choice...
  11. J

Fixed. Silicone elbow between the maf and the plenum was collapsing under load.
  12. J

I'm reading TPS with Techstream. The lowest it seems to go, with the butterfly closed is 11%. The maximum is 86% - this is by manually pushing the butterfly too it's limits. Allowing the DBW to move the butterfly (and visually inspecting that it is indeed open / closed) give's readings of 14%...
  13. J

Sorry, yeah, I wasn't suggesting that the PCV plumbing had anything to do with my problems. It was more a point of interest since it was raised.
  14. J

So, George, are you saying that you think I should plumb the PCV system up as stock?
  15. J

If it's plumbed in after, doesn't it mean I'll be drawing in unmetered air? Might reduce the chances of contamination of the MAF though.