y-pipe's in Aus??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZLux

Ok... I'm stuck.....

Does anyone know where i can source a DECENTLY designed y-pipe in Australia????

What i'm looking for is a PROPERLY DESIGNED pipe like burns stainless or Dr Gas y-pipes. They are sweet as but i called them to confirm cost and they both quoted between US$80 - US$180 for postage!!!! Thats INSANE!!:wtf:

I want twin 2.25" into single 2.5" but i MAY need to use log type headers so REALLY want something thats gonna speed the flow up and away from those pathetic headers....
icon9.gif
otherwise i'll just have to dish out and have extractors made....

Any idea's?????

If you are using the Crown log headers, or to some extent the Soarer headers, then I don't think it really matters a **** whats downstream of that.

If you have the Celsior headers, or extractors, thats when you want to make sure you don't have much restriction.

Thanks Peewee

Unfortunately, you're probably right. Just trying to make the best of a bad situation. Guess my fabricator's gonna be SPEWIN when i tell him i want headers then!! Oh well.... my money....

So..... all things considered, do you know who makes a decent y-pipe i can get locally?? Would love to see the inside of J Brady's y-pipe. If only someone in this vast land of ours cared enough to produce one!!??

Just get the shop to make one for you. It'll be cheaper than buying an off the shelf one. I had an X-pipe made when I had my extractors fitted. Not sure how much it cost for just the x-pipe but installing headers and all new pipe work was only $550 AUS. 8 hours labour ($40/hr) went into installing the headers so the Xpipe and other pipe work was pretty cheap.

I know I could have purchased a "Y" pipe here, but I wanted it to fit in a specific location under my small Celica so I ended up fabricating my own. I used 2 * 2.25 inch pipes. Marked the end of them with lines that gave me 1/2 of the cirumference of a 2.5 inch pipe. I then cut the pipe at a 10 degree angle til it went out the side of the pipe. I then spread the end of the pipes open so that when they get welded together it makes a single 2.5 inch opening from the two 2.25's coming together at a 20 degree angle. It took only an hour or so to do the cuts. I wish I had a big belt sander though to make the cuts fit tighter. We had to do a little gap filling with the welder, but it sure ended up making a nice merge when it was done. If you go to my progress post, you can see the "Y" pipe on the welding table picture, under the right side down pipe.

Gary M.