X Pipe - Whats the benefits?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

petetas

Hey all, the exhaust thing is all new to me and im learning as I go. Im currently looking at building an exhaust system for my hilux, I have the Castlemaine headers and will be looking at running a dual 2.5 catback system on my supercharged 1uz. I have heard an x pipe is the way to go, but im not so wise on the benefits, can anyone assist with enlightening me?

Im looking at going with magnaflow, have many used this brand?

Cheers - PETE

2.5" dual exhaust will work well with your supercharged setup. I have dual magnaflows on mine and love the sound. Same sound as a flowmaster under WOT w/o the raspiness. As for your crossover pipe both the X and Y will make good power, but will sound different. I suppose it comes down to personal preference? I have heard the X pipe will rob a lot of the natural sound down low but cannot verify. How much boost are you planning for?

Thanks for your input Spf, thats food for thought indeed. I will be running stock boost on the M90 to start with, just for that extra bit, she be my cruiser and my daily.

Just bumping this back up, according to few sources, something to do with the firing order, but the 1uzfe benefits greatly from an X pipe. Any one else heard of this?.......

I have used one on a stout N/A SBF ..
They quieten the noise down and give that twin cam sound to a pushrods V8..
O/K this is a DOHC V8 so it will sound GREAT !!
They started using them in NASCAR to cut down on noise with out loosing power...
Now almost every motorsport with noise restrictions use them...
It equalizes the harmonics more than an H pipe and flow better...