would like a second opinion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

browney

Im new to lexus motors and am looking at buying a vvti motor to put in my old solid axle hi lux but ive been told that the non vvti motor is a better choice if that is true how come any advice would be great as im a old school bloke trying to get with the times i NEED HELP thanks for your time steve

I think most people are suggesting the earlier non vvti engines as they are easier to wire up for conversions. The VVTI engine ecus are linked into the body controlls and security system, which makes them a lot more complicated to get running in a conversion. There are a few threads about it. I think the best way to run a VVTI is with an aftermarket ecu.

Also there have been lots of conversions done with the early engines and lots of info about them.

Cheers

Daniel.

thanks

thanks very much for that quick reply i think i will go for the simplest way so ill get the non vvti motor is there any way of getting more torque down low easy out of these motors? [the more i ask the more i will learn] once again thanks

I can't really offer any advice on mods, I still don't have mine running as yet, still building the hot rod around it. I am running my own 8 throttle set up and aftermarket ecu though. Most people seem to suggest forced induction to get more torque.

The only way you'll get more torque is forced induction.

Single turbo correctly sized will give you what you're after.

Try browsing through the forced induction and swap sections of the Forum and you'll find some healthy discussion on turboing.

Supercharging is an option but will cost you more.

One note the later VVTi engines have weaker rods than the early engine so I would use an early 1UZ for cost and stength reasons.

thanks., one more question

Zuffen do you know any good place in Queensland [Brisbane or Gold Coast]that has done one of these conversions [into solid axle hilux] or/and a good tuner thanks for the advise it is greatly appriecated as i am a old school guy and im flat out working out how to operate this computer much less all the electronics on these LEXUS motors. thanks again for your time blokes. My email is [email protected]

i have just finished putting a pre vvti engine in my ln106 hilux didnt take much to wire up done the whole thing my self ( not certed yet) and it goes like a dream i had a 3l turbo(2.8 turbo) in it before this and there is no comparison, spins wheels just driving up my drive way with out even trying,

Steve,

Sorry I can't suggest any place in Qld (I live in Sydney) but it's been done many times so there are threads everywhere on it.