wont start

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
It's blinking once on start of crank due to the induced voltage from the initial power up and then again when the voltage drops. I think you need to recheck all your wiring. Did KDogs colours match? I have some wiring diagrams I could fax or maybe e-mail them to you if needed. Just need to find them. I think you need to recheck your wiring. Its pretty rear over here to get complete looms. There was one with a motor in Christchurch on trade-me recently. Are you using the ECU to switch the fuel pump and if so is it switching the pump correctly?

Middle sump,1UZ, remote oil filter,from Auckland,trans is a soarer auto thats not run off the ecu thats the next headache

Please bear in mind there are 10+ Ecu's for the 1UZ-FE and 10+ wiring harnesses.

What odds of getting it right?

Don't buy engines only buy the half cut. It may cost more initialy but will save you money later.

I think you should recheck all wiring. check continuity between ECU and matching component under the bonnet. you still have the 1volt where there is meant to be 5volt problem. Also we need to see if your ecu matches your loom. Can anyone make suggestions on this?. Whats your engine number? Is the V8 trans fitted to the vehicle and been converted to 4x4? Cheers

The gearbox has been mated to a Landcrusier FJ40 transfer case with home made adaptor,as for engine number will get it tomorrow

if it has 3 plugs and then a 4th plug upside down and 5 mm further away from the other 3 plugs

this is a ls400 ecu

and kdogs wiring is for a crown

i garantee it will not start the ls400 has different wiring

amnd have been thru this before

just double check if u have an ls400 ecu with a crown wiring loom

lets hope u havnt stuffed anyhting up

Hello

Your ECU is out of a 1990-91 UZS131 crown. So that is ok and your motor seems to be crown. That matches so back to rechecking your wiring.
A motor arrived for me to but it's the wrong one. Ordered soarer rear sump and got a front sump. The loom is uncut though with ignitors but no air flow or ecu. I have a spare air flow but will be running a link anyway. Maybe you will have to drag it to Hamilton one day and we can use my scope to check out what is happening. That is if you don't get it going in the mean time. Cheers Kelvin

You won't get the Crown ECU working with the Soarer tranny.
The SP2 sensor in the back of the tranny is different.
You'll need to either get a Crown tranny, or at least a Crown rear housing.

The Soarer tranny has no place for a mechanical speedo cable anyway, not sure if that will affect you.

Ahhh k. Cool

FWIW I just wired up a UZZ31 ecu. Followed the diagrams, and it fired first time after fuel pressure had built up. You have to remember to earth the factory ignitors though, as they rely on the bracket earth to complete the circuit.

just go back tpo basics

remove batt terminal and reset ecu

check for injector pulse and spark the proper way with spark plug tester and a noid light

toyotas shut injectors down after few revolutions if engine doesnt start so u have to be quick

try runnin it on aerostart its the best diagnostic tool u can have as it will tell u if its fuel related spray it down brake booster hose

alot of people try to make things too difficult for themselves and go round in circles

Well I got spark it was the earth return from the AFM how dumb was that!a big thanks to all that helped here I will be starting it today as I found that the water pump was stuffed so just got a new one,so have to fit it then hopefully it will go fingers crossed thanks again everyone.

Ok its ALIVE it seems to run alright so now I have to get the auto to work and finish off all the other stuff a BIG THANK-YOU to all that helped