wont start

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Cruz

Hi can anyone help me I've wired my 1Uz useing Kdogs wiring diagrams :But have NO spark at spark plugs got 12v at coils & injectors and ignitors so is there any thing I can check to see if the coils are stuffed I can smell petrol so think its got petrol going through it,it comes back to the tank through the return pipe ok but no spark this is in a Toyota FJ40 offroader so doesnt have any extra wiring in it just the factory ECU wired to engine and a on off switch & start button please help
thanks

i am not familiar with the early crown ecu but if you follow kdogs diagrams you should get it to work. Is the crank angle sensor securely plugged in ?
It is at the front by the pulley.

yea thats what I've done seems strange that no one else seems to have this problem when they used Kdogs wiring thats why I think the coils might be stuffed

Cruz,

The odds of both coils being faulty is about 1,000,000:1

From experience sensors don't fail because the motor isn't run. Remember it was driving around the street before you got it and it wasn't doing that with crook coils.

Go back to your wiring work and double check what you've done.

Are you sure you have power going to the right wires at the right time?

If you PM me your email address I can email you a write up on wiring the engine.

So far the only problem, wiring aside, I've seen is blocked injectors. I would check those first.

Have you checked a plug for spark?

problems

Well check every thing has 12v at ecu on 4 wires so thats right but the 5v output for sensors is only 1v no volts at camsharft sensors or crank sensors?I haven't wired the check conector on the motor up or the stepper motor or the vsv solinod as I didnt think I needed it is that alright?

Hello

Where in NZ are you?
Heres a few ideas.
Double check your 12volt inputs- that the are the correct wires and that they hold 12volts while cranking. Check you earths. run extras if necessary.
To check the coils ( unlikely to **** two at once ) (and on a Toyota) wire to another car - just make some bridging wires and make sure nothing shorts out.
Use a LED testlight - must be LED type(**** smith at about $15). backprobe the injectors and see if the light flickers. if it does then the injectors are being switched. The ECU will need to see a crank signal to switch the injectors.
Is your TPS 5 volt only one volt as well? I think the LED test light will check the crank angle and cam angle sensors as well - I normally use my tunescope to check these.
I may be wrong here but I thought that toyotas have a wired in earth on their ignitors?

Good luck. Hope you get it going
Cheers
Kelvin

I,m in Te Kuiti about 1 hour south of Hamilton as for the 12v its on the right wires,the TPS & Airflow meter only show 1v aswell,the igniters arent wired earth on them but are earthed through the body of them as far as I know,thanks for reply I've checked everything today still cant find anything except now I'm wondering if I have the right igniters for this engine as I have the early model ones and since my motor is a 1991 it could be from the end of 1991 and it would need the later model igniters?any idea on how to check this out?

If they plug in then they should work - toyota are good like that. You need to see if the ECU is switching the ignitors. I would be more concerned about the lack of voltage. If something needs 5volts and only sees 1volt then it normally won't work correctly. I will continue thinking for you. Cheers Kelvin

The igniters work on an earth return.

They have permanent (when the ignition is on) 12v. The ECU completes the circuit by earthing the igniters.

If you only have only 1v check your wiring. If possible borrow another ECU before blaming sensors.

I have tryed another ecu as I have two crown ones but didnt make any difference as for earth on the crown wiring diagrams that Kdog supplied there is no earth wire on them isnt that right?also can you PLEASE send me that write up that you mentioned earlyer it might shed some light on this for me.I was looking at your post and you have a photo of your ecu that you rewired but it only has one plug in it or was there some more that you didnt show in the photo THANKS

Has anyone had problems with there igniters I'm waiting for a logic probe to arrive that I just odered but was wondering if theres any other way of testing them thanks

hi Cruz, I think you hit on the answer when you said the ignitors are bolted to the engine, does your battery earth strap run to the engine or the body?? from what i remember when i disasembled my soarer the battery neg runs directly to the body as in the attached pdf.
I would run an earth from the igniters to the body shell,as they normally sit on the inner guard.
I think the battery should earth to the shell and then a strap goes across to the engine to earth it for the starter etc, make sure the ecu is earthed to the body.

Regards
Lambo

if the engine wasnt earth the starter motor would not turn much

anyway just a stab in the dark

is the enigne wiring and ecu a complete kit

i have had idiots using a lexus ls400 loom which plugs into a crown ecu

but the ls400 ecu has an extra plug 4 plugs on ecu

crown has 3 plugs on ecu but the ls400 has 3 plugs on loom which willplug into crown ecu

sounds complicated but i know what im talkin bout

if the loom is an ls400 and ecu is a crown the car wont run

Well here's the deal I brought a motor with about 2inchs of wire sticking out behind the left hand head typical *** importers cut everything he supplyed a ecu number 89661-30432 three plugs with another thats on wires sticking out the side,plug count is 26-16-22 plus that other plug.The engine has 1991 on the plug leads.So I wired it up useing KDogs wiring diagram for the crown.I got my Logic Probe now the probe only blinks once when you start to whined the motor over and again at the end of the whined,I thought it was surepose to blink all the time while its being wound over this info is from Autoshop101 web site? well hope someone can help thanks