Witch Spec Hp just need so Clarification

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kfxnando

hi!!!

understand and appreciate all the effort of the great info here, and am highly grateful for the effort that was put into gathering the info and sharing!!!

however am left with a question, and am not saying that the info is incorrect, would just like to verify the info for my self, besides
maybe me also looking for conformation that I got lucky and have a good strong motor!!

now to the point!!
read on here
There is a face lift version that came out around 1996 that utilises a hot wire as opposed to Kaman Vortex Air Flow meter and makes around 300 horse from memory. These look similar to the early engines, except that they has a large plastic cover that fits over the top of the engine and the AFM is plastic bodied. These are also running sequential injection, as opposed to pairs.

now on my motor's plug leads, it is a 96
my motor did have the cover over it that many other motors imported to SA dont, however the cover was damaged during transportation and was not given the cover, over and above that the bracket on top of the inlet manifold was there that used to hold the cover in place!!
it started, that I went back to the supplier and asked for the cover that covers where the HT leads that run in the plastic channel across the front of the inlet manifold, he told me that this one has a whole big cover and even showed me the broken cover!!

dont have air flow meter, we dont get many of those here, besides will be running a separate stand alone ECU

slowly piece for piece my mind started wondering, and had to re-read what is on here!!

Has the above quote ever been verified, and is it correct!!
and did I get lucky??

it wont make much of a difference, besides that me lucky enough to start off on a stronger platform!!

all advice, confirmation will be highly welcome!!:D:D

thanx!!

Last edited by a moderator: