Wiring Question for Zuffen

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Quadcob

Hi Rod,
In the process of wiring in the engine loom using your article on wiring an 1UZ and Kdogs drawing.
I have a couple of questions(excuse my ignorance if it is obvious)
1. In step 7 ECU plug 3 you state:
This plug also has an earth that requires inclusion with the above earths.
On plug 3 it is pin 9 and called E2.
On Kdog's Crown ECU wiring diagram 1 the wire from pin 9 is marked ground chassis, but on schematic drawing there is no reference to ground from E2. I have also looked at the other lexus schematic drawings that are available from the Lextreme site and there also was no reference to ground from pin E2.
I realise that there must be motors working with this wire grounded, but is E2 just only a return wire to the ECU from the throttle sensors, water temp sensor and the AF meter and dosn't require grounding.

2. The section on single speed fuel pump.
The ECU pin in the article that triggers the fuel pump is the fuel pump speed control output(FPR).
How did your determine that this was the correct trigger for the single fuel pump. The reason I ask is that if the motor stalls and ignition is still on, the ECU, after a pretermined time shuts down the fuel pump. A fail safe system if the vehicle is involved in an accident.
As I have had no expeirence with these motors the FPR output might do this, but looking at the drawing I would of thought the FC or STA output.
If I have not have read your article I would have picked the STA output.

Thanks
Warren

e2 is sensor earth it should not be connected to a body earth

it wont do any damage but e2 should already be connected

if u get stuck i might be in qld in 3 months doin work