wiring issue. ecu is off?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Oranges

Hi, I have attempted to wire up a 1uz from a 1996 soarer. I am certain the wiring is hunky dory however I think the ecu is off.
When I crank it, it doesnt spark.
The only things spark needs is the ignitors to be on. (yes the ignitors are both grounded properly to their mounting brackets).
I wired the check light up, and it does nothing, when I turn ignition on, and ground te1, nothing happens.

Anyone have any ideas of helpful information?

Cheers

For spark you need good power supplies to the coils , ecu and ignitors , the crank angle and cam angle sensors to be giving good clean signals , clean earths , the ignitors to be good and the coils to be good. I would suggest going over the constant power and ignition power supplies to the ECU. Also is the main relay working correctly with the ECU triggering it properly? Toyota ECUs do fail but not often.

Good luck

sounds like yr ecu is not turning onhave u got 5v to the blue/red wire on the tps

i get worried when people start a sentence with i have attempted
hehehe

hehe yeah I say attempted because I've had no such luck yet. This is sorta my first time wiring. I have wired minor stuff before, but never a whole engine.
Gloverman you raise a good point here;
"Also is the main relay working correctly with the ECU triggering it properly?"

I have the Main EFI relay wired as such:
85 - Pin 24 (MRel)
86 - Earth
30 - +12V (Battery)
87 - Pins 31 and 32 (+B and +B1 respectively)

When I turn the ignition on, the relay clicks, so theres power through the coil of the relay, so does that mean the ECU is triggering it correctly?

Again, cheers for any help.

That sound correct. Lots of people expect the ECU to deliver a earth when it does supply a power to the main relay to trigger. This means the ECU is seeing ignition and has permanent power. Just double check these and then do as sideshow says - check the 5 volt rail. Cheers

Okay I thought I'd update this thread instead of starting another thread.
Still unsure whether the ECU is good or bad, but I've rechecked my wiring, got power on the 5v rail, and injectors are pulsing away fine.
Still though there is no spark, on either bank.

So, it has to be the crank angle sensor or the ECU.

How can I test the crank angle sensor?

oranges

Okay I thought I'd update this thread instead of starting another thread.
Still unsure whether the ECU is good or bad, but I've rechecked my wiring, got power on the 5v rail, and injectors are pulsing away fine.
Still though there is no spark, on either bank.

So, it has to be the crank angle sensor or the ECU.

How can I test the crank angle sensor?

Sideshow mentioned something about a led device for testing pulses on other thread.. I read up the toyota usa manuals too,they mentioned something like an oscilloscope and logic probe for checks on electrical pulses..

Do you have power on the Black/Orange wires of the Igniters and other Blk/orange elsewhere ?
what bulb are you using for the w-check engine light ? open up your ecu cover to see you burnt anything..

Last edited:
Make sure that the ignitors are earthed. That is where you have attached them to is good and clean connection to earth/body and all earths are connected or it will not go

U should have sent us your loom
It not to hard to make a plug in loom
For 1uz into Cressida
It also comes with free help desk hehehe

NVM I got it running. Got a few airleaks so it won't idle without a little throttle, but all seems well.
Hasn't run for longer than 10 seconds though, still don't have a bottom radiator hose to suit.