Wiring in a sandrail

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tacoma_Kyle

Exploring my options and learning ahead of time.

Ok, I am looking for a kickass engine in for a sand rail and I defenitely dont want to go VW or carbed. I am starting to gather the parts like the rear torsion on wed. But anyhow, you can get a VW transazle (091 from late busses) to 1uzfe adapter easily.

So wiring...this has always been a pain for me, heh. What would be the best way to eaily wire up this engine? The only real mods would be a sand-rail exhaust, pretty open, well it is in a rail so no oxygen sensors if at all possible. And open intake, so no significance there. You can blow gears pretty easily with hard abuse from a engine this powerful, in a stock 091 transaxle of course. Also the speed sensor 'limp mode' issue may be there. So it would stay pretty muc stock.

Ok, so would the stock harness and ecu work and/or how would it need to be modified to accomidate it without any issues?

Thanks a lot. I fount several on ebay for 400-1000 buy it nows. Killer deals.

i would go aftermarket ecu if u want open intake with not air flow meter
and no o2 sensors

otherwise just run std ecu spedd sensor should not cause any probs if wired correctly

i can make wiring looms if needed

So it would probably be best if I were to hypothetically just buy a aftermarket ecu and wire it up? How do you adjust them, laptop? I am obviously oblivious when it comes to this.

Oh I will likely be running the AFM, but if there was any easy benefit to not, I probably wouldn't, if easy...

And ECU recomendations I should research?

to go aftermarket ecu u will need to spend atleast 2000

about 1100 for ecu 500 to 600 to wire it up and 400 or so to tune it

this is only if u go manual gbox

u only need air flow meter if u keep std ecu

to wire up std ecu will cost anything from 600 to 1000 depending what way u go

like ls400 or sc400 or crown 1uz or auto or manual

etc etc

Thanks for the help, but I may not be so clear. I mainly want to know if a 1uz would -run properly- in a sand rail. I can almost not care less about any other random codes that pop up as long as they dont have any ill effects on the engine...using the stock ecu/harness.

The motor will be bone stock, I will run all of the sensors on the engine. I'd rather not have to run the O2's if they can be tricked by a resistor or something simple like that, but I will iff necessary. It sounds like the main issue is the speed sensor(s). It will be off a old VW bus transaxle so it will be a stick with no electronics at all on it. I have read that (lets say a LS400 is my target engine) you can trick the system into thinking it is in neutral rather easily with the stock ecu and harness.

Ok, I might be rambling a little. If I hypothetically run the 1uz (lets say ls400) in a sand rail, stock wiring harness and ecu and all sensors on the engine and tranny (tranny sensors obviously wont work). Will I have any issues with the tranny sensors or will the full-time neutral trick I mentioned above work? I only car about how the engine runs. Any other error codes like shift points obviously wont apply.

Thanks a lot. You know your stuff man (figured that out from researching). I just want a Toyota engine in the buggy so bad cause of weight, power, and being a Toyota.