Wiring Diagrams for LS400 Engine swaps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Congrats Cobber,

I hope to have the first one of mine running next weekend or very soon after. If so I will have to break my vow of beer abstinence for the month of January I took with a mate in an act of drunken bravado. I hope you christened the motor in the time honoured tradition.

Cheers,

Tony

Guys,

The 1990 engine wiring I'm not worried about, nor the wiring of the relays and fuses etc as I will be using Cobbers excellent power board diagram.

However, the 1993 engine is proving to be a bit of a headache as we haven't got a wiring diagram for a 1993, but we do have a diagram for a 95 and a 96 both showing ECU pin positions.

We also have a 28 pin plug from a breakers with its wires, that unfortunately do not match perfectly either the 95 nor 96 wiring diagram. ( Good this isn't it!!)

Can anyone tell me if I put power down the following pins whether or not the engine will start and run or will I possibly fry the ECU?

Pin 9 Ignition switch Black and orange
Pin 14 Battery, permanent live, Blavck and yellow
Pin 24 Main Relay Black and orange

I'm not concerned as yet with engine check lights and the rest......

Cheers,

Tony

Help, advice and opinions required

Guys,

Sorry to nag you lot but I've bumped this to the top to see if anyone has any opinions.

I have read that the ecu is well protected against accidental damage caused incorrect power inputs. Whats the chances of damaging the ecu if I just decide to take the bull by the horns and put 12 volts down the wires anyway?

I'm all for just giving it a go but my whinging mate ( whose engine we're wiring up first ) is being a bit of a wuzz.........

Cheers,

Tony
feedback.gif

Tony,

Without the plug pin outs it is hard to say.
Black to red blue to bits. . . .

Hi Cobber,

after a few hours spent poring over wiring diagrams we think we are there....

Your relay wiring diagram was a real help, many thanks.

I think we only need to splice into the main engine loom at two points, one to put 12v down the engine check light ( cant seem to get away from using this) and the other 12 v input will be down the wire feeding the 12v power to the injectors..........

If it all works I'll post a schematic. If It doesnt I'll probably have an ex mate chasing me around the garage with a soldering iron.!!!

Cheers,

Tony

Update..........the buggar runs..........

Hi Guys,

Well the Lexus LS400 I found is a scrapyard runs as sweet as a nut.

Once I got the fuel pump relay to fire up and put some fuel in the fuel rail it started first turn of the key and settled into a nice smooth idle........absolutely brilliant..........

On a 1993 LS 400 it seems that you need to put an ignition switched 12v down the black/ red and black/ orange wires in the engine loom and also down the engine check light which is a yellow/ red.

Then stick a permanent live feed down the black /yellow and, connect up the starter relay to the thickest black wire in the engine loom and the beast will purr...... Simple really.........

Cheers,

Tony
veryhappy.gif

( Mind you my whinging mate insisted in having a couple of fire extinguishers handy and positioned himself in the open garage doorway so he could get a clear esape route if the feared fireball actually occurred..... some people have no faith).

Onya Tony,

Good result, another 1UZ cobra into the fold.

I am in the process of re doing the diagram in auto cad and will post when complete.

if there is any tread that should be a sticky this is it !!!

I would like to thank every one that had any thing to do with the diagram.

-Donnie

Purchased a wiring cd off ebay but it has got pinouts on the ecu like this!! which don't match mine
E9 E10 E11 E12
34pin 22pin 16pin 28pin

Ive got LS400 92 ecu came with the whole halfcut i bought just wanna know if this wiring diagram in the pics pinouts will suit my ecu which is

89661-50102
175000-4011 12v
26pin 16pin 22pin 26pin

If anyones got more pictures or wire colour codes that would help me out heaps just pm us for my email or post up for all to see

Okay, I've been really quiet of late, I've been really thinking about doing a cobra replica of late before I jump into anything else more serious.....

I have LOADS of questions..... so are there many 1UZ cobra replicas out there then??

Cobras with Iuzfe's

Okay, I've been really quiet of late, I've been really thinking about doing a cobra replica of late before I jump into anything else more serious.....

I have LOADS of questions..... so are there many 1UZ cobra replicas out there then??

I have two in my garage.............I kid ye not.

I think I'm the first in the UK but theres been loads of Aussies putting Lexus/ Crown V8's into Cobras.

AK Sportscars based in Peterborough built the chassis and made the bodies and I'm well into completing the builds.

Both engines and gearboxes work as they should and I'm hoping to have one finished by the end of the summer, and the second will be going to the Le Mans Classic in July 2008...........I've already booked the hotel rooms.

Drop me a PM for any more info.

Cheers,

Tony

Fordgt

Sounds like the wiring cd may be for a later model?
I have attached the 1990 diagrams from the tech secion of this forum these should line up with what you have got. The wire colours may be different but trace the wires from the ECU plugs to check. If you get stuck pm me and I will try to help you out.

Tony good to see you are making progress my project should be running by Christmas.....

Benji

Seek urgent medical attention it looks like you may be bitten by a cobra bug, a very serious condition that has you spending lots of money on shiny things.

G'day guys, well with the help of this thread i think i've nutted out all the wiring for my motor.. just waiting on the adapter kit to show up so i can see if it all works...

The only thing i haven't figured out is:
- Oil pressure warning light feed
- Oil pressure feed for guage
- Temp Sensor feed for guage

The motor is from a 1992 LS400

Cheers,
Adam

Attachments

• bigturbo1.JPG
    bigturbo1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 84
  • bigturbo2.JPG