Wire diagnosis

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Dreamkiller

Hey all,

Just had three quick questions which im sure someone will help with regarding a few wires im usure off. Engine is from a CROWN.
1) Is the main ignition wire from the starter solenoid the thick black wire? Ive installed my engine in bay and cannot get access to rear of engine/starter!

2) I pulled all the wires and connectors through my firewall and connected the appropriate clips into the ECU & ECT computers and was left with an unknown connector (see pic) which is an 8pin clip with light green, dark green and red. The otthers were pulled out somewhere along the way!

3) There are 2 black w/ white stripe wires im unsure off. These are fairly thick unlike the thin signal wires and arent shown on crown ECU/ECT diagrams.
One of these comes from one of the large connectors. (see second pic)

Any help would be great!

From what I can remember .
1.the thick black wire is from the starter solenoid.
2.the light green, dark green and red wires are for the speed reference signal for the ECT. I left mine disconnected and used a pass through sensor on the speedo drive with the signal output going to SP1. This will log a code that the ECT has lost a speed signal and will flash the overdrive light. The ECT does operate correctly but will get stuck in 1st gear if it was to loose the SP1 signal. I don't run an OD light so that does not bother me and I found this way much easier than what other people have gone through to do it correctly.
3.black/white wires may be for STA to fuel pump relay. Make sure you have ignition feed to the black/orange (injectors and ignitors) and 12v on the black/red at the ISC and don't forget to have your ignitors earthed.

Great, thanks for the info superlux!
Ive replaced the speed sensor with a cable/speed sensor also.
Last thing to trace now is where these two black/white wires go.
Ive wired up the sta black/white fuel pump relay wires, these are seperate wires im a little unsure about.

At the front of the engine behind the coil pack on the left hand side as you face the front of the engine there are 3 temp related connector 1 green 2 wire, 1 orangey brown 2 wire, 1 black 1 wire.

the orangey brown one is the cold start injector temp sensor and i think you will find 1 of your black white wires goes to this temp sensor

see following link

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5682

John

Hmmm okay, still some doubt there to the one your suggesting, about whether its a switched positive.
The ones im refering to must be the ones your talking about. Ill have to wait till saturday to check.
Are your far off from starting yours? If so ill let you know how i go with mine and where these black/white stripe wires go.