will an oil cooler plumb in here??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yes it will but the sensor outlet is much easier to retrofit. If you get the threads right. I believe Lex sells "T" adaptors for the filter housing/sensor under his "products" tab. I know the threads are slightly different so expect to tap. The pressure sensor location is commonly used to tap oil lines.

Nice conversion BTW. Was it the 928 that had the alloy 3.5L v8?

Last edited:
Yes it will but the sensor outlet is much easier to retrofit. If you get the threads right. I believe Lex sells "T" adaptors for the filter housing/sensor under his "products" tab. I know the threads are slightly different so expect to tap. The pressure sensor location is commonly used to tap oil lines.

Nice conversion BTW. Was it the 928 that had the alloy 3.5L v8?

Originally 4.7 Alloy, (Good in it's day, but that was a quarter of a century ago.)
I looked at the "T"s but can't see how I could use it to get oil out- and back.

Is one high pressure and one lower pressure, [/QUOTE}

Won't know if one is high pressure /low untill I start it, I might do what I should have done already- pull out the plugs and see where they go.

Last edited:
The plugs are there to block the drill path when they built it.

If you take oil from there to a cooler and back you will be by-passing the filter.

Best way is to use a remote mount adaptor then you cooler and it will still filter the oil.

David sells a small alloy plate that bolts on in place of the whole filter mount that allows you to run soft lines but you would still need a remove filter to make it work correctly.

Where abouts in Sydney are you?

I was referring to using the "T" adapter to feed the cooler "inlet" with the cooler "outlet" feeding down to the sump.

I don't think that would be such a good idea,The cooler is installed in the pressurised system so that after the oil comes out it is them forced through the galleries
eg;
Oil gets picked up from the sump by the pump. Under pressure from the pump then travels to/through the filter - still under pump pressure it is then forced back into block/oil galleries, bearings/lifters etc then dribbles back to the sump.
so;
if the cooler is fed by the oil pump,so if the cooler is in this line,( either before or after the filter),plumbing the return line back to the sump will starve the engine
Right?

If I wanted to run my turbo oil pressure feed out of one of those grub screws, is there a preferred one to use? Or does it not really matter much either way?

Axis if you fed from one of those to a cooler and then through your turbo then to the sump it would be fine, otherwise it could cause a drop in pressure.

This is the way I was intending to do mine. Grub screw feeds cooler, feeds turbo, returns to sump.