who has played with cams???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Ha ?? No mention that SHORTER inlet runners take away low rpm torque !!!
As he said about inertia.. Short runners take this advantage away...
The std inlet is VERY restrictive around head as it changes inlet angle, the section on the heads port in that area is restrictive also.. I could post pics ?? But I would be in alot of trouble [yes my second name] ... A good set of heads was cut up to find port thickness etc to make a program for CNC ported heads...
Imo this is where the bottle neck is!!

Btw I was going to fit GTR /RB26 retainers to be able to fit shims..
I was informed by my engine builder that its sort of going backwards!!
Why fit lightweight shim-less buckets in there then fit heavier retainers and shims can still fall out, also break...
So I'll be keeping the chromoly retainers....

Last edited:

Ten points for effort, but there are so many flaws in that dudes site.

Kelford's are pretty well qualified to give good advice and products for the 1uz. The guy that mentioned his valve springs were binding before full lift, that doesn't sound like a mistake kelfords would make to me - you can expect better than that from them. I'd call them, tell them what power/drivability you're after, and wait for the package to show up - it will be spot on.

i am more interested in the dyno graph's and figures.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]1st graph

Adaptronic ECU
slightly ported heads
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]265 degree intake and exhaust cams
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]194rwkw

2nd graph

shows the difference in the standard cams compared to the
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]265 degree intake and exhaust cams.

NOTE: take notice of the power and torque curves

3rd graph

changed the intake cam back to standard and left the 265 degree exhaust cam in.

173.2kwatw

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]NOTE: take notice of the power and torque curves are close to when he dynoed the car with "stock cams". with the exhaust cam allowed the car to keep making power further up the rev range.

It does give someone thinking of going cams something to think about. i ignored and skimmed over some of the comments and information he provided which was not relevent to me.

loss of torque than std cams
makes more power after redline

[/FONT]

Last edited: