Whipple S/C in a Soarer.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
sorry to hear what has happen, its not good.

final got my unit the other day, yeap a 3.3ltr with a dual intake system.
still waiting for the cams to come in, so with a bit off luck the transplant will go ahead in about 3 weeks time, fingers crossed.

hope you sort your problems out soon, will keep you's up-to date with my build as it goes along.

have taken some pic's to show the dual system, this combo is setup for 15-18psi.

later

Very nice, Andrew sat a 3.3 on mine while we were part way through fitting everything to mine to get some measurements for the air intake, love the size of it.
Have you checked fuel rail clearance where they go under the air intake, I had to modify mine a little bit.
Are you fitting this in a Celsior or something else?
What else have you done?
Do you intend going to the Toyota nationals at Dubbo at Easter?

Mine goes on the dyno on Friday, I will see then how well it is going. Or not.

that was my unit he was testing on your car, had a chat with him (andrew) and he told me that he test fitted and checked clearance on our car.

this is for my 91 ls400 lexus, has 105,000km on clock, was a 1 owner before me, has all options except for sunroof.

i think he was going to chat too you about arranging a y cable for the dual intake or i might just hook-up accelarator on driver side and kick-down on otherside(yes keeping the auto, but will have stallie and shiftkit) an run a link cable between the two throttles?

car has now got
1 3/4 extractors to 2 1/2 striaght though exhurst (sounds sweet as)
dual 12" thermo fans
supra diff with a Kaaz lsd center
TT supra brakes all round
aftermarket airbag suspension
alloy mags 18x8 front, 18x10 rear
touch screen 7" dvd,gps audio system with amp and sub

whats in the working now
original engine is getting a rebuild (i have a spare engine in car)
engine comp will be 8:1
heads are been ported an fitted with o/s valves
8 pack coil setup (all the spark in the world)
870cc injectors
dual bosch 044 fuel pumps
2.5 ltr surge tank
rising fuel reg
dual 1/2 fuel lines
set of tight cams (custom grind)
auto is getting overhualed at MV,
3500rpm stallie with shiftkit an HD trans cooler
aftermarket ecu

i will be doing dyno run, before an after engine swap (already planned)

hope this sweeten the taste

The dyno was dissapointing, the rising rate fuel was adjusted to suit and he set up to do a run. The AFR's started at about 12.5 and dropped to below 10 at 3000 revs, by 4500 revs it was leaning out real bad, over 14 and climbing. Shut it down before any damage was done.

Fitted a Walbro pump on the weekend, and will go back to the dyno this week, its still got a miss in it though. So maybe the engine fire has done some more damage somewhere we havent found yet, may need to rip the engine loom out and either repair it or replace it.

You would really need a hump in the hood for the 3.3, massive thing.

On the other hand, Hypronet's Celsior is going to be a monster.

Well, after a bit more stuffing around trying to sort the miss out and not having any success, decided to put it on the dyno any what and see what happened.

With it still not running right managed to get 193kw at the wheels or 259 horsepower, i think I did the conversion right, I believe there is more in it, just need to sort the problem out. We think there is some other damage to the main loom, so another one is being sourced and will change it over later and try again.

View attachment 7012

Gotta be frustrating......

Have you tried hanging a timing light on the various plug leads to see if you can pick up where the miss is occurring?

Attachments

• DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0432 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0432 (Large).jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 13
I love those whipple chargers... I really hope you get it dialed in and operating correctly as that should be fun when finished.. I never thought I would see a whipple charger sitting on top of an 1uz-fe motor..

NICE!!!!!!

It is running a little sweeter now, here is a more recent dyno chart

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9606

After this Lew and I pulled the plugs out to check the compression and had 195 lbs in 7 cyls and 1 cyl well down at 170 lbs.

Hopefully in the next couple of months will put a piggy back ECU in to control fuel and timing a bit better than the standard ECU, push the boost up to 11lbs, and see how long this motor lasts.

Lew has a spare motor in his workshop if I need it, will be interesting to see what happens.

It's great to hear ur sorted some of the bugs out paul.

My engine build is just about done, with a few changes after speeking to peter from piranharacing (they run a 1uz w 60psi on meth in supercharged outlaws).
8.5:1 Cp forged pistons on Argo rods
Custom Tighie cam
Ported heads with sr20 ss valves
8 coil pack system

waiting on andrew to send my rising reg so i can start on the fuel system.

will let u kow how things go

It's great to hear ur sorted some of the bugs out paul.

My engine build is just about done, with a few changes after speeking to peter from piranharacing (they run a 1uz w 60psi on meth in supercharged outlaws).
8.5:1 Cp forged pistons on Argo rods
Custom Tighie cam
Ported heads with sr20 ss valves
8 coil pack system

waiting on andrew to send my rising reg so i can start on the fuel system.

will let u kow how things go

That is going to be one mean 1uz,

You should start your own thread on the project, should attract a lot of interest.

hows things going paul,
did you sort out all the bugs in the system yet?
My engine build had taken a little longer then expected, due to waiting on parts from the states.
will have my car finished and on road within the next month