Which Stand Alone?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i can get sm2 basic model for about 2200 or 2300

smc with all the mods is about 2000 to 2200 depends if you need a dwell board

hi
im gonna run a Link computer in mine. its nz$1300 plus $200 for the Link ignitor module, plus around $800 installing and $600 tuning. This is all getting done at speedtech (www.speedtechnz.com), who build many of nz's fastest imports.
i don't know how big Link are in the states, but the trend seems to be use whatever everyone else uses in your area (nz - link, aus - microtech,.., usa - aem, motec, etc)

does anyone know the sygnal of the CKP? one could install a GM ls1 pcm onto this car... don't think it should be that difficult.. it will control just about anything there is.

It will NOT control dual coils but it will control 8 of them ;)

I would prefer an 8 coil system over a 2 coil system any given day. I have converted my system to this type on the LT1...

I am wondering if ANY of the aftermarket ECUs will control the transmission and if it will have the everyday reliability that this system has...

a top of the line motec system can control 8 coils and the auto tranny

on the other hand u can use a 7mgte auto tranny ecu to control the tranny

and then use an aftermarket ecu on the engine

yes but its the only one ecu that can do engine and gbox
i once quoted up a full motec system with ecu, 4 exhaust probes, motec dash and few other extras and it came to 15000

there are aftermarket ecus just for auto transmissions if you want to go that way and are fully prgrammable too lust like an engine ecu but these just do the auto

It is not the only one that does engine and geabox. AEM does both and quite well. Getting the Supra AEM EMS to run the 1UZ auto should be easy since the trannies are pretty much the same.

ok cool i just checked aem out
i havnt heard of it

doesnt say much bout auto tranny control but id say it uses afew of the outputs

what price is it in us dollars

autronic ecu will hopefully be out soon here in australia

hope to do some testing on it

it supposedly has 16 outputs so hopefully it can do auto tranny control

but i get 7mgte and 1gg tranny ecus for free soemtimes

so its easy to hook them up and cheaper

pretty sure the AEM is an american item... seems like they're catching up to us in ecu progress, hehe...

yes they are

the aem prices are close to motec prices by the time u make them into aussie dollars

think ill wait till the new autronic comes out and test it and see if it can do tranny control

Hopefully the SM4 will be the goods.
Here's is my wish list.

Timing intputs for any type, eg hall effect and reluctor type.
More ignition outputs, although 4 is enough to do direct ignition with wasted spark.
More general outputs both switched, PWM and frequency types.
Maybe tranny controls.

pricing on sm2

I bought an sm2 for $1000 snd hand with autotune function, you just have to shop around 4 the best deal @ suit your buget. It works very well ive tried it on a couple of cars to make sure its ok but if there were any probs i can get it fixed very easy ( the price will come down because the sm4 is starting to come out) you will need to use some sort of cdi unit when you want run a bit more boost so u dont blow the flame out.