Which Stand Alone?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

I love the Split Second FTC1, but the limition is only 16 psi and my final goal is to max out the T70 at 25 psi. Can anyone recommend a stand alone along with price and pros and cons.

Thanks

david

I think price is always the con, because in America, the price of AEM seems to be almost double of Australia.

If you want to know what computer to use, the only way to chose is to talk to some people who have done AEM. Find the guy with the most usual conversion (such as a 1uzfte), talk to him, see how his car drives, see how happy he is with the tuning etc.
Then buy the AEM he uses, and get it tuned where he got it tuned.

An AEM is only as good as the tuner, and a lot of tuners struggle when it comes to doing something out of the ordinary.
A lot of them can probably tune RB25's, RB26's, 2JZ's perfectly, but give them a 1UZFTE, and they may struggle.

Ask around, its the only way to decide.

the delco is good value for money and is available in all GM cars from 1989 onwards.
it is retuneable with the 'kalmaker street pro 3' software.

see mine at www.kalmaker.com.au/page69 ignore the grounding rings though.

the downside is, unless you have a neat little black box that converts the signal waves that makes the delco a true 'plug and play' system, there's a lot of messing around to do to make it work. V8Supra can help you out with getting a hold of these little beauties.

other than that, all the aussie stuff might as well be martian to you blokes in america. you're not going to be able to get the best results due to a lack of customer support and information - unless you can get a hold of someone elses maps in oz and use them accordingly.

I would do the AEM EMS personally since it is able to control all aspects of your engine and automatic transmission.
While there are no plug and play application for the "uz" cars yet you would have to have someone wire one in. Give aem a call (they are in the LA area) and see what they say. I know they have done custom ecu installs in the past.

Motec
Thats what ill be running on mine when i go the turbo route.
A mate has lambda unlocked on his, so after an initial tune ill plug his ecu into mine for self tuning.
Should be reasonably cheap going from Aussie to US dollars too.

The m800 is the best and is just over AUS $3000, unlock lambda and sensor for $1000. The lambda function would pay for itself after 4 or 5 dyno sessions!

Motec is too much money here in the US. I guess after only paying $1500 for the ecu and $400 for the wideband(lambda) i'm a bit spoiled by the AEM's low prices. The motec is an awesome ecu as most top notch (and dollar) drag teams use it. I do find it easier to initially tune a car on the dyno. It really saves time and is much safer to get the base map setup on the rollers first, unless you have a map that is similar to your own setup.

Red Supra,

I dont mind getting the AEM but wirings and tuning will be alot more. No one have done it yet and i hate to spend 2k plus wiring labor and tuning. It can easy hit 3.5k to get it run properly. I think i will stick with a custom Split Second with external MAP sensor and Extra Injectors controller. This unit with external MAP will able to hand 30+ psi. More than i can handle. The custom unit is about $495 plus the extra Control unit.

i am running wolf 3d AUS$1150 it took a couple of days to wire (after no experience) tuning would have been under $1000 if it had of gone well the bill totalled over $2000 by the time i went to a muppet then moved and found a guy who is a miricall worker although we had some breakages.
runs beautifully cold start could be improved but wolf 3d version 4 pluss can talk to the idle control stepper motor and it should be better. or a little more time on setup.
as for bost it can run a stand aone map and handle the 25psi .

my advice is find a tuner you like and use what he uses. it is not the ECU it is the guy behind it 110%
ideally motec awesome hardware and exceptional service.

wirring is fun give it a bash

which ECU to use!

I still dont know why you all havent found the Electromotive www.getfuelinjected.com TEC3 R system. In Australia i sell it for $4500 with all components needed to install in on an EFI motor, ECU, direct ignition coils, wiring harness, sensors etc It doesnt need unlocking to have the EGO featute as it comes standard with that and knock sensor also, has full adjustability on a laptop. It also has many features some others dont have like TPS/MAP Blend. It also has self tune and data logging built in. In the USA this system is in the range of $1500. It works for me on what i run so i cant see why it cant work for you?

At $4,500.00 for the TEC3 R I can understand why no one has used it. I don't doubt they found it. Trouble is they also found it a bit expensive.

Most people playing on this Forum are doing so because this is the only way they can have the car of their dreams. Sorry $4,500.00 is too steep for most players.

$1,500.00 US converts to AUS $2,200.00 Now I know we pay import duty and GST but that certainly doesn't account for the other $2,300.00. If I purchased this system it would purchase it direct from the States and have it delivered over there and then ship it home.

The money I save would install it and give me lots of spare cash to spend on tuning.

if you hold on for afew more months
4 or 5 i hope

the new autronic should be out

it will have up to 16 outputs

be compatible with many dizzy and other sensors

i dont know of a price yet but i hope to help test it when it comes out

i know delco is a cheap system but for the price of a miocrotech these days
and the hassle of wiring it up with black boxes or grounding rings
its a pitty delco dont have twin outputs cause it has shitloads of adjustments

i would rather save for 2 more weeks then buy a microtech

as for buying a lambda meter why do u need one
unless u plan to spend weeks tuning yr car
unless u r an expert tuner

most people just send it to a well known tuner

thats y microtech is good in australia
more and more tuners are learning to tune them faster

like most things its the learning that takes time

but i have grown up with autronic so if you can afford it then use it
especially with its auto tune and anti lag control it is awsome to play with

otherwise i have fitted many microtechs and for price and performance i cant complain

1300 i think is retail price for a microtech to do the 1uz
so why would u look at fart assing round with anything else if thats your budget

I've been using microtech on my 180sx, and are happy with that. Very easy to tune. I've done all maping myself. And I'm no expert.

It's available with a base map for 1uzfe. But the standard version will only go to 20psi. get the 3bar map sensor option as well, then your set.

It's not too expensive. about 1000$

I will be using this system on my 1uzfe when I get it.

microtech has just stopped makin ltx8 lt8 etc

the new version is lt10 and comes with another unit which is the ignitor unit

these are still under 1100 i think to buy retail

but i think they might rise soon im not to sure