Standalone ECU what's available for GS400 for Standalone?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

speed_addict

I'd like to get a standalone to run my supercharged GS400. Just trying to figure out the best route? I'd like to be able to run my 440cc injectors and make it idle ok. suggestions? Thanks

Mitch Pederson (member here, and ex-AEM engineer) has installed AEM's on several UZ powered cars now, both pre & post VVTi.

One of his recent installs was on Chris Rado's personal twinturbo'd GS400, so both the AEM, as well having Mitch set it up & tune it, would be good choices.

He's also tuned the transmission control side of it, so the A/T is much more responsive.

Also, there may be jumper harnesses available now, which could make the AEM nearly a PnP proposition for you.

The AEM most commonly used is the Supra model, because this one literally is PnP for the SC400, because the SC uses the same ECU connectors as the Supra, and I think only a few wires need to be repinned, but Mitch can advise you if there's a better one to start with.

The harness, if it's available, would be from Richard Welch of Autosport Wiring www.autosportwiring.com. If it's not a production item yet, perhaps Mitch and/or Doc Tweak can install the GS400 connectors on it and do the necessary crossover wiring.

Your best bet is to contact Mitch via PM or email from here. Be forewarned, he's extremely busy, and may not answer you right away, but stay with it; IMO he's the best tuner in the business for the AEM, and I've already gone through a few......

what is Mitch's screen name? Thanks for all the info! I've contacted Richard Welch already and he can custom make a pnp harness. I have to find somebody to help me with the specs I need so he can do it.

Please post your findings once you get in contact with him, I am kind of tired fighting with my piggyback on my turbo GS400 and have been waiting for a real solution. By real I mean a solution that will keep the luxury items intact, like AC dashboard etc.

still nothing. I have a boomslang harness made for the AEM FI/C 8...but i'm still leaning towards the standalone...i wish there was a way to flash our ecus like the LS1