What Engine Should i Buy

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hypo-menace

Hi there iam currently having a dilema trying to find the right 1UZ for my conversion as none of the import yards can give me any decent info,my concern is the traction control and how it will affect the runing of the engine if i dont have it connected. Its going into my mk1 cortina so its not going to run any wheel speed sensor etc.The front cut i am looking at is out of a 95 Soarer.Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

It really depends on future plans for the motor. In 95 a few small changes were made to the 1UZ's which gave them a small power increase, but these changes also make them a bit weaker if you plan on any type of forced induction....

So if you plan on staying N/A then the 95 engine would be a great choice to start with, but if you plan to add a turbo or supercharger then an earlier engine would be better. Now this only applies if you are are going to pressurize the stock engine.

If you are getting the complete front cut use the factory ECU to save some money.
Just remove the traction control it will make no difference, the eaisiest way is to remove the butterfly by just removing the two screws.

thanks for all the info guys my main problem was that the traction controll might cause the engine to go into limp home mode etc ,or that the traction control might be wired through the engine computer in some way, ive also been told that the crown engine is the only engine with a front sump configuration is this true.

Do a search on sumps and work out what you need. The Soarer will be a rear sump.

It was a 91. I am using a standard auto and ecu with the headers off the crown to save space. Where are you located I can get the info for the joint my one came from if you are in Sydney.

Hi there guys the rear sump will not fit because ive put a rack in the car instead of the steering box so i can run power steering. I am in brisbane so resources are very limited as all the guys at the import yards are giving me diferent answers(i dont think they know wtf there on about)

If you need a front sump get a Celsior front cut.

The late model Crown also has a front sump but are quite rare. They also run one ECU/ECT rather than the separate units of the early Crown.

thanks guys went to the import yard today and cheked out a celsior it all looks sweet.Does $2200 for a front cut sound ok they think its a 94 model with about 80k on it.I will post some pics as soon as i get started on my conversion,Thanks again

how did you manage that i called my supliers in sydney and they wanted between $2200 and $2750 ,that was from SSS Automotive ,Just *** , *** Performance and NG *** .The importer up here wanted $2500 but reckons he will do it for $2200 because im in the trade.

How about a group buy on engines from the us and ship then all at once in a pallet. I think our used engines are around 200-500. I think one pallet can manage 4 engines.

A mate picked it up for me coz he gets trade being a mech himself, the company is All Good Parts Revesby Sydney. It was an undressed front cut but who needs the panels and airbag suspension. Still had the dash box ecu motor raiator and all just no panels airbags or rims. I payed $1500 plus $100 for the tow truck. They also supply a limited warranty which was good as we found a crack in the block above the oil filter and the guys just sent me a new motor box and ecu no worries.

I will speak with them this week about posting all their info on the site since they seem to be a bit cheaper.