Went head up yesterday against a Z07 Vette...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nice run !...pure adrenaline rush...hahahaa

2 friends of mine have a Z06...and those car are FAST....but I noticed that they are "unbeaten" from 0-120 mph, but after 120 mph they are not that fast anymore....
With my BMW M5 it is not even a race...will have to see when the 3UZ is running with the GT42R....:wink1:

FastEddie - Yes the Z06 Vettes are very fast as I have driven one once... I remember the Z06 having a very fast and long 1st gear...The Z07 is even faster if you can believe that... An M5 BMW doesn't stand a chance against either car...

More pic's of the Z07 I saw at the LA convention auto show...

Again, that is not a Z07. Where's the supercharger? Do you really think a unreleased ZR1 (yes, that is the name now) would be trolling around south central LA???

from Motor Trend:
Motor Trend reports that the upcoming Corvette supercar will sport the ZR1 moniker when it's finally unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show in January. Interchangeably dubbed "Blue Devil," "SS," and "Z07" by the automotive media until now, the car will feature a supercharged version of the 6.2-liter LS3 V8 introduced in the 2008 'Vette. Look for power and pricing significantly higher than that of the current top-dog Corvette Z06. Don't worry, the Z06 won't go away. The 505-horse car will simply become Corvette's midrange offering. Man, it's gonna be a party atmosphere in Cobo when they unveil this thing...

And do you really think a car with at least 100 less HP and 600 lbs more weight is going to keep up with a 2008 ZR1 to 50 mph!?!?! You "raced" some guy, probably in a standard LS3 vette.

Turb's Turb's Turb's...I am not blind, and or retarted by nature, I followed this Z07 car for a few blocks checking it out thinking the same things you just stating above... IT WAS A Z07!!! I was sitting right next to it for the longest while just checking it out up and down.. I kid you not... I've seen what they look like, I have sat in one, taken pictures of one and I should know what they look like...

I don't know where the supercharger is, I didnt design the car, and really don't know a ton about them...I know the LS7 engine is a 7.0liter V8 and not a 7.4 liter V8 as I originally thought (I think it is supercharged but could be wrong from what I remember seeing at the show), It sports 505hp, and goes 0-60mph 2.3 or 2.5 seconds, infact I think I took a picture of the stat Z07 sheet, so let me see if I can find the pic...

Bro, it was a fat Z07, and the first one I have ever seen driving around...Millionaires and pro stars have ways and connections to get these cars on the streets prior to release...

It was so unusual to see and race it and that is why I posted up this thread... I have seen and almost raced the GTT mustang, seen a few real authentic Shelby cobra's, Lambo's, etc.. I live right next to Malibu California and the road to Malibu (PCH) is loaded with exotics.. I drive it, bike it and even run it almost daily to train for the ironman events...

Unless you guys live where I live and see what I see on almost a daily basis, I could see your skepticism.....

Yeah turb's, my SC400 sports over 500 foot pounds of torque, I already wasted the stock tranny and rebuilt it stronger, wasted the driveshaft, broke spindles, etc.....I push my SC4 to the limits... I have an outstanding traction setup which I think is setup just right for an SC400... With all my external mods, 2200 stall rate torque converter, 200-300lb weight reduction I would say my SC is no slug 0-60mph.... Yes, based on that race I think I can keep up for a little while with a 500hp car that is 300-400lbs less in weight then mine...

My first and second gears rip, and I've always had my SC moving very fast thru those gears.....It is what it is...

(not supercharged my bad)

Jibbinator, Every single picture you have showed is a C6 based Z06. The Z07 uses a positive displacement supercharger, which sits on top of the motor, similar to the Ford V8's (nothing like the pictures you have shown). You are living in a dream world if you think you kept up with a 2008 ZR1 (aka Z07) to 50 MPH.

Turbs Is that so...Hmmm? Oh well, I raced a hell of a fast Vette anyway... It still could have been the supercharged one...

Death by Bass - Payback will be in order just wait.......How's that 4 banger doing?

Turboandrew - Why do you think my Lexus is so slow? Try adding a 150 nos shot to your 1uz-fe, LSD and all the possible external mods, a built tranny, rear end drop 2 inches, Drag tires and torque converter to compement it all... Believe it or not the SC4/soarer will move and move fast in the first two gears...

Turb's I am a little lost...When I was at the LA convention show a few months ago this car was listed as the Z07 Corvette.. Yes, it is not supercharged but still delivers 505hp and costs around $100,000... What would the supercharged Z07 produce 700hp or so?

However, I read the Z07 is supercharged but the Z07 at the show is not supercharged as the pictures show...Again, I am lost and it appeared I raced the identical car shown in the pictures above..Same color, everything, and it was called the Z07 Vette at the show...

Now I have raced a standard C6 Vette and kept it close, pre-a few mods and tires... This Z07 vette was alot faster then a standard Vette...So what did I race, a Z07 Vette without a supercharger, or a Z07 with a Z06 drivetrain... I don't know what is what?

this is the Z07 (aka BlueDevil, SS, ZR1):
http://image.automobilemag.com/f/fu...z+2009_chevrolet_corvette_SS+front_corner.jpg

Which is now supposed to be marketed offically as the new ZR1 (a lot more pictures here, too):
http://www.automotive.com/future-cars/90/2009-corvette-ss-zr1-blue-devil-spy-shots/index.html

Jibby, I have no idea why they would call the one you saw at the show a Z07, but I am positive the pictures are of a Z06. That Z06 has been out for a year or two already. Here is some more info:
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/corvette_z06.asp

There are other people who tend to throw around the term "Z07" to claim their Vette is a "Z06, upgraded" like MTI:
http://www.motorsporttech.com/z07.asp

Wow.... Thanks for the links and pictures guys...That really clarifies matters...

I guess I raced a Z06 and lost then...

Then again the Z06 and the Z07 look close to identical to me.... Who frigg'n knows and who really cares at this point....

Cheers to all... The Z06 rips never the less....

I was impressed with the Subaru as he was seriously struggling to keep up with those two cars as he filmed them.....

Justen, I'd give it another crack too....and lose..

You think you got enough ponies to beat out a Z06? Good luck...

The blue Subara is wickedly fast. It actually beat the Z06, and it's a little heavier than the Vette. It's 3298 lbs vs 3130 Vette. That Subaru ran 1.7 bar which is almost 25 psi. Ooh!

I just spoke to a friend who has the same Subaru STI running 18 psi and he dynoed at 350 AWHP and 400 ft/lb of torques. So this blue 25 psi Subaru should run in the near 500 ft/lb of torques. The factory rated the Z06 at 470 lb/ft of torques so we now can see the differences.

Steve, based on those power numbers you presented and weight differences the two cars should be very close to equal... It appears maybe the drivers of the two cars should be compared in that video rather then the cars themselves....