Vet C5 Calipers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Gang,

Got this for a member. I think he will be using it in some application. By looking at it, it might fit the lexus too. Its very light. I would its about 3 lbs and all alumimum.

I will do some measurements and see if Lexus can us them or not. They are also very affordable too. Low 200 each.

Aren't these are the same calipers that Holden used on some of the later model Commodores (VT on ???)
Very effecive as an upgrade to earlier comodes when combined with a decent pad material and something like a DBA disc. Under $1,000 for all new parts...
Will probably wind up on my VL as 4 spots are double the price for a marginal improvement.... for a street car anyway...

TOBES said:
Aren't these are the same calipers that Holden used on some of the later model Commodores (VT on ???)
Very effecive as an upgrade to earlier comodes when combined with a decent pad material and something like a DBA disc. Under $1,000 for all new parts...
Will probably wind up on my VL as 4 spots are double the price for a marginal improvement.... for a street car anyway...

Yep used on selected VT onwards HSV's (Commodore's get smaller twin piston calipers and 298mm discs, i have them on my VL), the C5 package is labeled as the "Performance Package", premium is the 4 and 6 piston calipers.

Lex: Another caliper to look at is the late model Landcruiser, nice and big as they have to pull up a heavy vehicle. The C5 calipers are very good, not sure how much better they are compared to stock LS400 calipers (never even looked at the brake specs of them) but one thing to keep in mind is a C5 Vette weighs alot less than an LS400.

Actually, those calipers are from Vet C5 Z06.

Attachments

• IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1112.JPG
    IMG_1112.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 157
  • Turbo Cobra11.jpg
    Turbo Cobra11.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1218.JPG
    IMG_1218.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 153
Don't forget the 1995 LS400 received basically the same brakes as the Supra Turbo. 12.4"/315mm (vs 12.6"/320mm) front rotors. Slight size reduction vs. Supra probably for wheel clearance as Supra had 17" wheels vs. 16" on the LS400. The 4 piston callipers are the same design and size. Also received large vented rear disks.