Very sluggish

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

93LS400

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a 93 LS400 with very little available power. It has been in the repair shop for sometime now and no progress has been made. The time belt has been replaced along with cam sensors, wiring, a full tuneup, computer module, replaced injectors, and checked cats. The mechanic indicates that he is getting the reading he needs for the car to run properly, but it does not. The car starts fine, idles a little ruff, and can not seem to go over 30mph. The car has around 225,000 on it. Have had no problems until now. The problem developed within an very short time span. From early afternoon to late afternoon. I drove the car in the morning for several hours with no problems. That afternoon I went to start it and it had a ruff idle and very little power. (that was 2 months ago) There were high winds and heavy rains that afternoon. Dont think that would be an issue, but I dont know. Sorry for the long messege. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• whipple compressors.jpg
    whipple compressors.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1
Wow.. hard to diagnose. Did u say the car doesnt drive over 30 mph? What about reving engine with transmission in Park (P). Does it goes over 5,000 rpm?

If it develpoed over an afternoon and not instantly I would look at fuel.

Could it be a bad batch of fuel?

How soon before the problem did you last buy fuel.

I'd replace the fuel filter and check injectors.

If I had a open stretch of open flat road, I could get over 30mph. Hills are a problem. If a remember correctly (its been awhile) the car in park had plenty of rpms. Theres no hesitation or bogging down, just no power to accelerate the way it should.

Dont remember about the gas. It is possible. I refuel often. Injectors have been replaced, but same gas is in tank still. Mechanic said the readings at the injectors was correct. Didnt know bad gas could cause so much trouble.