v8 with v12 noise

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks scv8, i have been looking at the design of the GT40, could you please explain what you mean by 180 degree,i don't know that term. the headers i have been modifying are a 4 to 1 equal length home made, i also read about a x over would raise the pitch of the sound, i'm trying to get away from the low rumble of a v8 , and more towards the whine of more cylinders
best regards
Lambo

If you want real advice on mufflers track down Hi Tech Mufflers or as they are also known Lambros mufflers in Sydney Australia.

They export stainless muflers all over the world.

One of their sidelines is mufflers for old Ferraris. If anyone know a V12 it's these guys.

Lambo said:
hey guys did some digging around the usa patent office on the corsa muffler, all the drawings are there to "look at" heheh.
http://aiw1.uspto.gov/.aiw?Docid=20...ageNum=&Rtype=&SectionNum=&idkey=241793FCB98F
you may have to click on full text and then images , worth a read.
Regards
Lambo
hi jamesnsc4, i suggest you have a good read of the above lots of info, it does sound good eehh , i am suprized that they claim the backpressure is low given the route the gases flow through all those dozens of pipes.
Regards
Lambo

Jbrady , what is you opinion, does it look like it is as good as the patent office stuff describes. I wish i had a running 1uz to try it on, but they only make them to suit a particular brand/model.

Regards
Lambo

Lambo said:
Jbrady , what is you opinion, does it look like it is as good as the patent office stuff describes. I wish i had a running 1uz to try it on, but they only make them to suit a particular brand/model.

Regards
Lambo

Lambo, your patent link is NOT the muffler you are listening to. In fact it is a completely different design with a completely different intention. The two are not related and I don't think even the product of the same company or mind.

The internal design and patent numbers of th Corsa muffler on the C5 Corvette is shown here
http://www.corsaperf.com/arsctech.htm

This is a straight through design muffler. The C5 actually enters and exits the same end of the muffler so it has an internal turn or reverse. The C5 also is using an X pipe. The engine is turning pretty high rpms. To get any given sound on a car requires testing different combinations. R and D can get expensive quickly.

Just to dig this thread up, because I found it interesting, if you have a backround in music or audio study, you may notice what they've done. Basic concept: a low note creates overtones above that note which expand all the way up the musical spectrum til you can't hear them anymore. Yes, even the deepest bass note is producing flute-range tones. We tend not to hear them individually, we just hear it as one note. It sounds to me as though they muffled the normal low tone and maybe enhanced the overtones, because if you listen carefully (my ears have a tendency to be able to separate sounds so that I can focus on them better) you can still hear the SBC note... though it's extremely quiet. I find this rather fascinating and I'm surprised I haven't seen this before.

Though the sound quality is lacking, I do think that their Touring exhaust sounds better at idle and low rpms than the other exhaust. But I think under load it sounds great! It almost sounds like a nice Ford 4.6 with a bit of the edge taken off.

I'm sure something similar to this could be created for the 1UZ purely with some exhaust testing. I would guess it'd probably be easiest to start off with the muffler arrangement they used, and if possible, the same type of muffler. The car I want to stick a 1UZ in though doesn't really have the room for the sideways mufflers though. I'd like to build an engine that will rev to 10k... that would be insane with an exhaust like this. Certainly would be unique!