V8 Tacoma

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1998taco

hey guys. i dont post on here often but thought why not. for the last year i've been working on my tacoma. i bought it with a blown motor so decided to do somethin different, so i decided to put a 93 LS 400 motor in it. i swapped the 4 speed auto and bought a tranny kit from dellows automotive in AU. the truck is dropped 3 inches in the front and 4 in the rear. i need to lower it some more tho. for wheels i have lexus "spyder" 18's on it. im in the process right now of converting the truck into a step-side. i love the power out of the 1UZ, however, i would like a bit more. any suggestions on somewhat cheap mods?

heres some pics. any feedback is always welcome!!

thanks guys

Now I know what a Tacoma is, we call them Hilux. Good vehicle, I was thinking of building one as the workshop run around but haven't made up my mind yet.

May I ask what you think of the Dellow's stuff you bought? The reason I ask is Dellows gets two types of responses usually, people are either sorry the bought it or they're undecided. Truth is I have never heard a good report on their stuff.

Not project taco, I am currenty trying to convince my dad to drop his 9psi supercharged 3.4 for a 1uz. He complains about the mileage day/night so i figured light truck + v8= 20+ mpg. I mean my 4000lb LS gets a solid 20mpg but figure that with a thousand pounds shaved off in 2wd tacoma, it must be around the same power specs as before, how does your taco drive before you took off the blower? I know he'll go for it it I can convince him on the MPG. Nice swap, i always wondered if a 1uz in a tacoma was feasible.

as for cheap power adders I would be more concerned about wheelspin in that little go kart, its just so light... are you getting mad spin? I would love to see how fast that little taco goes with 1uz, but if I had to add my 2 cents about band-4-buck power adders, I would get Lextreme's stage I cams... they run $750 after core and you'll get a solid +40RWHP. If you want a little higher then get a used M90 SC and do-it-yourself for about 75-100RWHp.

Lookin good, I'm working on the same thing just in a 4 wheel drive. Did your steering shaft clear the exhaust manifold.

i switched the LS manifolds to the SC manifolds, the SC seems more like a header then the LS. after that, it was fine.

Now I know what a Tacoma is, we call them Hilux. Good vehicle, I was thinking of building one as the workshop run around but haven't made up my mind yet.

May I ask what you think of the Dellow's stuff you bought? The reason I ask is Dellows gets two types of responses usually, people are either sorry the bought it or they're undecided. Truth is I have never heard a good report on their stuff.

Dellows is amazing IMO. the guy i talked to was super nice, very quick service, and i got all my parts in no time. highly recommended!!

haha gotcha, how hard was it to do this conversion? I mean what spots gave you the most trouble, as I would love to do this.

well if you use the stock automatic tranny then my guess would be doin that. nothing was extremely difficult. maybe the most challenging part was the wiring but that wasnt even that bad:fing02:

just got a step-side bed for it....

all thats left is some minor tinkering till its on the road. after that, dropping it 3 more inches in the front and back