V12 LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Catthew

I’ve recently learned that the 1UZ and 1GZ share the same cross member, along with other mounting parts and got the idea to put one in my 1998 LS400, as far as I’ve seen it’s not been previously done in this car, but has been done in a few mk4 supras such as nagata’s. I’m looking for help figuring out the best course of action, and figuring out what complications there will be to get ahead of as many of them as possible. thank you all

I would think purchasing a front cut from a Century would give you what you need to make it run.

Wiring the Century ECUs into the LS body loom would be the biggest hurdle I can see.

I don't think this will be too hard to package since the LS already comes with an A-series transmission and is front-sump like the Century. Custom engine mounts aren't hard, I can send you the pattern. The real trick is wiring. The only ECU I've found that will run both the A-series transmission and dual DBW is the Nexus R5, and I had to refinance my kidneys to buy one. I'd much rather use an EMU PRO 8 with a manual trans. You could hypothetically get an XAT R-series transmission swap kit and buy a used Tacoma transmission or the like if you prefer manual, then your ECU options get much cheaper. Alternately, run a standalone trans controller or hack something up with the OEM ECU for trans control.