UZZ31 ECU dramas

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I just spoke to him and he said that he hasn't been able to get the engine to stall. He wont drive it down the road because it's a busy street, but he has had it in his shop at all different revs for a while trying to get it to stall. The check engine light is up on the dash also. He isn't getting any codes though so i wonder if the OBD is even wired up? I couldn't say much about the auto elects up here mate, I know there's plenty of them in the phone book : )

the check light should come one when ignition is on
when u start cr check light should turn off
90% of conversions wont have check light connected

Yeah my engine light is wired up, i've had issues with it before. I had a broken relay that ran to the ecu so my car would crank but wouldn't fire and the engine light wouldn't come on at all. Anyway, I ended up getting the car towed home and had a play with it, turns out it runs fine with the afm unplugged. The engine light is still on but it drives. I figured it was the afm so i got another off ebay and hooked it up but the prob is still there. Also i found an ecu witht eh same part no. as mine for $500, kinda dont wanna buy it and hook it up incase it just breaks. If thats the prob.

I wouldnt pay 500 for ecu
maybe 200 to 250 tops
pull lid of ecu see if anything inside is faulty
otherwise take it to venom
he does 1uzs up your way