Two W58 Bellhousing solutions?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jkm3141

I have been looking into what is necessary for the W58 tranny conversion. After reading around and around and getting seriously confused, I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of the following bellhousings. I hope that that would be all that is needed over the stock auto bellhousing (which I have) and an adapter plate. if the pictures are to be judged, it appears if the bellhousings do require to be notched for the 1uz starter but that isn't a problem. If anyone has, please let me know.

http://www.monster-performance.com/modules/shop/product_info.php?products_id=30

http://a1turbos.co.nz/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=A&Product_Code=1WSBH&Category_Code=1QT

Thanks,
-John

I love my adaptor and auto bellhousing setup.

IMG_0357.jpg

The whole no room for the starter on those two would concern me, i know its easy to cut the place out but its kinda dodgy that you have to considering the price.

I love my adaptor and auto bellhousing setup.

The whole no room for the starter on those two would concern me, i know its easy to cut the place out but its kinda dodgy that you have to considering the price.

How much was your W58 adapter plate? My friend did a R154 conversion with adapter plate and JZ bellhousing, and had to notch the bellhousing. It was no concern for him and isn't for me. thanks

i had to knotch the bellhousing a bit too but only for a bolt so it was a small knotch. I accually forgot how much it was, i bought it with my mounts, from chris (cjsupra90) and it was made by a dude in aus. maybe chris will se this post and chime in on the price. but eather way it was a whole lot cheaper then 300 or even 500.

really, thats interesting. If i remember correctly the R154 adapter plate for my friend was approx 600 dollars. I just wonder of those two bellhousings are legit.

The R154 plate is quite a bit larger and more complex then the W58. the one i can think of is thors adaptor that is around 600, although its a bit pricy.

the one i have was around 50-100$ and its no more then 10$ worth of materal.

the Thor plate for the R154 is atleast 100$ in materal alone.

The plate that Jake has is made by Phil Bradshaw in NZ. I dont know if if the price is still the same, but it was $250 usd shipped to my door originally.

The W adapter is easy and works out great because of the input shaft length vs. bellhousing depth which works out to right at 10mm (3/8") which allows for a steel plate that thickness to be used to adapt the bellhousing to the trans. The R154 on the other hand has a significantly longer input shaft 19mm (3/4") longer then the W if I my mind serves me right. So you would need a 29mm plate to use the R154. This means that Aluminum is a better choice because of weight and this also then requiers CNC milling insted of laser or waterjet cutting cause lasers and waterjet leave way to much kurf at that thickness.

Im useing the stock supra master, it works fine but its a bit smaller bore then what is really required for the slave. so eventually ill try out something with a larger bore to see how well that works.

side note. i am now daily driving my supra with this setup. ive been driving the car to work for just about a month now, 45min each way, other then minor used motor issues such as oil leaks to fix, ive had no problems, im mostly easy on the car but i have have a bit of fun with the car every now and then. some time soon when i get a little better rear tires ill test the car out at the local 1/8 mile track one one of the weekly test and tune nights. also i plan on takeing the car to a dyno day in 2 weeks.