Twin turbo UZ ST185

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nah, 2J twin turbo.....an AWD Aristo would have been cool and i have a spare setup too so could risk some breakage by boosting the sucker :) Very rare though and haven't seen one here in Oz.

nevertheless, very clean ride. Im guessing this is your weekend cruiser?

I hope 1 day when my career is going full steam that I can afford the an AWD UZ aristo. Im sort of lucky because AU and japan get all the rare pics yet Canada still has a few of these floating around and the best part is I could drive it across the border after getting all the paper work in order and avoid a major freight charge.

Nah the Aristo is my daily and the tow hack for the Celica :)

I had some fun with it the other day on our local skid pan track....get a bit of practise with the old barge sideays and see how she went ;) Surpisingly well.

Tows good to, so thus far a great buy.

wow, I once considered using my UCF10 LS as a tow rig but never thought it would be able to haul the weight. I suppose if I can build the auto I can use my DD LS as my tow rig. Thanks for the inspiration justin!

It's been a little while since an update. Back to TT and E85 tune.

Youpoop video of the hill climb on Sunday.

Stupid GoPro was playing up so this is the only vid i got for the day. Issues with front end grip, so i was 2 seconds off my PB for the day :( Midrange is awesome with the E85 tune...so much so i was getting wheelspin *down* the hill :eek: Lots of wheelsin in this vid :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPS6fLI3qWk

LOL, first time I've ever ridden sidecar in a TT V8 Celica!

Great shooting Justen, what sort of camera setup are you using?

It's a GoPro John. It's a bit fussy, so not the best option but the mount system (Camzilla sell them too) is great and you can stick it almost anywhere.

I'm about to upgrade to Drift 170HD as just a better unit all round

So breaking news. Back on the dyno to sort out a weird lean spot that developed. Ramped up the new boost controller too :) On 14psi the car reeled off 365rwkw and just kept making more power the more timing we added. Still more left in it but i feel for the stock bottom end so didn't pump the ign adv boundaries any further. We did wind up the boost though. On 17psi.....

dynorun.jpg

... am I reading this correctly ?? 17:1 afr? Thats mad lean! My uz popped when my gauge read that high but then again I was a bit mad that day :rolleyes:

Amazing power Justin, and im guessing on E85/E98? If its ethanol, and you successfully pulled that much power at that AFR... im sold on the safety that goes along with it. I would like to see a 2J pull that kind of power at that low os boost.

I guess I read the AFR right side of the graph as if it was referring to the 400+kw line. I read the plot thinking that the 400kw was at a super lean 17:1. My mistake, got the x/y jumbled up

Geez, you have got to be happy with those numbers Justen, rather impressive! What sort of torque figures did you end up with?

I am getting so eager now to get this E85 happening and bump up the boost some more. They are definitely proving to be an awesome pairing when applied together.

You can't really get a torque figure from the dyno, not one that makes any sense anyways as it's represented as 'tractive effort'.

If you want torque, just = hpx5252/rpm ;)

It feels very stout on the road and midrange just snaps your head back :)