• Two GT25R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two GT30R

• Others

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Chrisman... i am on the verge of putting it all together... that is a sc400tt. I will be putting two t3/t04e's

instead of using one large i/c i have used two series 5 i/c which give me more space and equivalent cooling.

oh btw, mine is a total sleeper.

will send you pics once its ready to go.

regards

barwick

chrisman said:
i think ryan-sc400t-in florida is getting one done now.. a TT sc with the ac.. i havnt talked to him in a while, but im sure he is trying to get it done.. your in florida? you should get a hold of him--im sure he will be glad to talk to you about it..
Chris:

It is at the welder/fabricator shop now...Will keep you updated...

Thanks,

Ryan

6spdSC4 said:
Well if anyone tries this and is successful let me know so I can copy you! I wanted to just do a 2JZ swap but I'm starting to think you guys are onto something here using that extra 1.0L of displacement to our advantage with a V8 TT setup.... someone make a kit so I don't have to spend truck loads of money on custom fab and R&D!
6spdSC4:

Contact me by PM, I will update you on my progress...It is a must to keep the AC, here in FL...

Thanks,

Ryan

BTW, I am using (2) Garrett GT2871R Turbos...Twin ball bearing turbos for almost zero lag down low, quick spooling for response, and great power potential. It will be awesome...

Ryan

barwick--are you keeping the AC? glad to see more guys are going thru with the TTv8..and welcome to the forum..there is alot of great info around here.. and by the way, theres a kinda informal first guy to 1000 hp challange.. from what i hear you guys in aus are there already there--but no one has laid claim to it.. winner gets bragging rights for a year--maybe longer.. anyway keep us info'd and get us some pics..

sc400t-ryan- keep the welder/fabricator motivated..but also give him some time-no distractions.. just be ready for your part when the car gets back to you..youl have plenty of things to do..
there will be days of frustration but also days of satisfaction to look forward to..just like anything worthwhile..

yes I will be keeping my a/c

Damn i will need the A/c herre down under.

i will have a low mount sys.

i am not looking for the 1000 mark but in the future i may go that way.

thanks for your tip.. the welder/fabricator is a mates mate... so i wont pressure him... no rush in getting it done as yet coz i am turboing my camry as well. hehehe...

i am taking timein the lexus but rushing the camry work...

the more the time the better the result i think for my lexus.. will keep you posted

barwick- you mentioned a camry.. i just was told that toyota had a 4 wheel drive camry.. i was surprised.. have you ever heard of them? are they common in aus? what are you doing to the camry?

sorry for all the of topic questions, but i was so surprised by the thought of an all wheel drive camry, that i just have to ask..

first off, no, i don't own a 1uz powered vehicle, but damn, i do want one, and i'm researching my ass off to find the right things to do once i get it

this is kind of a loaded question. because everybody is going to be different, wanting different things out of their car. but he did lay forth some requirements at the beginning. 2k budget for BOTH turbos (meaning under a grand a piece) 12-14 psi boost, stock motor and great low end response. off the get go, 3 turbos come to mind (i'm kinda partial to garrett, so i'll be using them as examples) a gt25r, a gt28r and a gt28rs. the 28rs is soooooo ideally matched to the flow requirements of this engine at that boost its scary. from a power and reliability stand point, 2 of these guys would be perfect, even up to about 18 psi, they are still in their peak efficiency on their flow maps. however, these turbos are about 1300 a piece new. the other two are obviously not going to match the engine as well, but they are both under the 1 grand mark. it all comes down to what your peak power wants are. the gt25r's are worth about 240 and the gt28r's are worth about 290 a piece with a bit more lag than a 25, but probably a negligable amount. both are ball bearing, and use technology thats about 15-20 years ahead of a standard t3/t4 turboso either would be a great choice. if i had to choose between the 2 of them i'd go with a 28. thats just me