Twin Screw sizing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

quadcam boat

Just wondering, would a 2.3 L/rev Autorotor be too big for the 1UZ with air to water intercoooler running creek water from outside the boat through it?
Would the smaller size blower 1.8L/rev be better?

I would talking to a 900 rwhp 4.6 liter engine builder with a Whipple. He sells a 26,000 USD Cobra engine and we have been communicating. Anyway, I asked him about 2.80" supercharger pulley with 5.00" crank pulley at 6500 rpm would yield about 15 to 16 psi with 10.4:1 compression. I would say minimum 2.3L and 3.3L would be Lextreme. I would say you always get something bigger for future upgrades. LOL

Yeah, but if you go too big, you can go backward...
Too much power draw
Blower working at an inefficient part of its rev range.
I'll be going on a stock motor with extremely efficient intercooling.
What boost would this thing perform at and would it be too much for my stock motor?

quadcam boat said:
Just wondering, would a 2.3 L/rev Autorotor be too big for the 1UZ with air to water intercoooler running creek water from outside the boat through it?
Would the smaller size blower 1.8L/rev be better?
Depends on the internal PR of the unit and how much boost you want/expect.
The autorotors have a "best" efficiency zone so if you get too far from this you will not get a good result.
My setup (work in progress) is a 2.8L H4 (subaru) with the OA424 (2.4L/rev) driven at 1.5:1 with 7000rpm engine max. I'm also running WAIC.

After this project is done and fully sorted then I plan to put an OA424 on my 1UZ Hilux.

Short version: IMHO a 1.8L unit will be too small unless you're running very low boost (eg ~7psi)
YMMV
:ninja:

I think an OA 422 (2.2L) should be just about perfect.

Andrew

Attachments

• tubeless.jpg
    tubeless.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 2
You do realize they're the same company.
Lyscholm Technologies = Opcon Lyscholm
Autorotor = Opcon Autorotor
Opcon owns them both.
There's a reason why they don't just use the same idea, they use the same parts & part designs through most of their range!

Toysrme said:
You do realize they're the same company.
Lyscholm Technologies = Opcon Lyscholm
Autorotor = Opcon Autorotor
Opcon owns them both.
There's a reason why they don't just use the same idea, they use the same parts & part designs through most of their range!
Yes same owner, but the products are quite different. The similarity is they both use twin helical screw configuraton, but that pretty much all. the housings are different the screws are different(ie lobes), autorotors are a billet case, the drive gears are different...
Just because the parent company is the same, doesn't mean the supercharger units are the same.
Or should we argue that mazda and ford are the same product? or saab & subaru & daewoo are the same product? or citroen & peugot are the same thing? or BMW & Jaguar?
Same owner != same product

greybeard said:
Yes same owner, but the products are quite different. The similarity is they both use twin helical screw configuraton, but that pretty much all. the housings are different the screws are different(ie lobes), autorotors are a billet case, the drive gears are different...
Just because the parent company is the same, doesn't mean the supercharger units are the same.
Or should we argue that mazda and ford are the same product? or saab & subaru & daewoo are the same product? or citroen & peugot are the same thing? or BMW & Jaguar?
Same owner != same product
The Autorotor and the Lysholm superchargers are indeed very different. The Autorotor is much better suited for aftermarket high performance applications. It has a billet case, parger bearings and a host of other features that are different from the Lysholm.

Andrew