Twin intercooled M112 Eaton 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Pete,
will you be running a hire service on the bluetack? I have a few jobs I need to get done!

Heh heh, I know the feeling. Gradually building up more tools. Next stop, super high lift jack and weld up some 2 foot cubes to put under each wheel.

Miles,

You need a 4x4 like mine. I don't use a jack to work under it as it has around 500mm clearance under the chassis.

Gotta watch the blutack it cracks in the cold. You should never use it to hold wheels on if you go to the snow.

Bloody hell that would make life easier. I suppose you can just loop the winch over a tree branch and have it hoist its own motor out for you too.

Jordy,
Everything looks like its coming together nicely, what is the dark marks on the intercoolers? or is this just shadow?

Zuffen,
God dammit youve got more than 5 times the ground clearance I do Zuffen, it sure would come in handy some times...Like not having to jack the car up to fit the other jack under it... Nah bugger it im not raising it up, i enjoy the handling (and look) too much

Logan

Logan,

One day when I learn how to post a photo I will put up some shots of my car.

If you never thought people's heads could rotate 360 degrees you haven't driven my car. I don't have a winch and in 10 years have never needed/wanted one.

My wife was once asked if it was a Hummer! To which she replied this can go where Hummers will never go.

Jordy,

I too looked at the dirty intercoolers. There are threads on some Lightning Sites about cleaning intercoolers. Seems they get encrusted with oil and lose some of their efficiency. The Yanks clean them with carb cleaner but you could put yours through the parts washer. May be worth a look.

Jordy,

If it is oil and crap from the engine (how would this happen???) then you could try any parts cleaner, or carb cleaner like Zuffen suggested, or even brake clean it works wonders as a degreaser etc

Zuffen

Hilux > Hummer
1UZ Hilux > Hilux
1UZ Hilux Vs hummer.... no contest in my mind, but then again I am a little biased

Logan

I follow the Lightning Forums closely as I have a Lightning supercharger etc coming from the States and i want to know exactly what I have before I ask Jordy to make a manifold for it.

The supercharger apparently sucks the oil in through the PCV system as the PCV system enters the inlet tract before the supercharger which puts it under more vacuum than it had been designed for. There is a fix the Lightning owners do to overcome it.

I have seen photos with (literally) puddles of oil sitting in the bottom of the intercooler housing.

I guess it lubricates the rotors but the fine dirt that gets through the air filter sticks to the intercooler core ruducing it's efficiency.

thanks for your coments guys the photos make the intercoolers dirter than they are
but the rotors had a lot of PCV **** on them and the supercharger had bearing noise
when you spun it.
the people who i bought the supercharger said it had 8000 miles more like 800000000 miles. but i will be giving the intercoolers a good clean before i weld it up i also finished
my new fuel rails they look real good i will round up some photos

There is a big difference between rising rate-fuel pressure and the unit (SX) that is pictured there....... A rising rate adds fuel pressure in a ratio greater than 1 to 1 as boost increases. This helps add more fuel on budget turbo setups... most are 4 to 1. 1 psi boost adds 4 psi to base fuel pressure, etc. While this works to some extent, the fuel rail pressure can get crazy high very fast. Raising the pressure will add some fuel, but pressure does not equal volume, so double the pressure does not equal double the fuel.
The pressure regulator pictured is just a 1 to 1 pressure regulator, so as boost increases, it will add fuel pressure to maintain a steady fuel pressure as referenced to manifold pressure. The boost in the manifold will work against the pressure in the rail, effectively lowering your fuel pressure as boost increases.
Some factory regulators can boost compensate, most do not. Some merely reference fuel pressure to atmosphere. So at 15psi boost, your 43 psi rail pressure is effectively 43-15=28psi. Also, since these are all bypass systems, small stock regulators cannot cope with the added flow from high-performace fuel pumps. This causes a bottleneck at the regulator, and can make the rail pressure very high at idle, light cruise etc.

The SX regulator is very nice, and has 2 inlets, one for each bank of cylinders. I believe it also has a 1/8 pressure port to run a gauge from....

Cheers!
Carl Crawford

So that SX one isn't a rising rate regulator? By the way, the stock lexus regulator has a pipe running into the plenium so i assumed that it references fuel pressure against manifold pressure, is this right?

Make sure not to use an acidic degreaser on an intercooler. Use a petroleum based only. I think some places bathe them in kerosene and phenol or something. Best to ask a radiator shop?