Twin intercooled M112 Eaton 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

uzz32pete

I measured it and it fits!
Lots of usual problems plus extras like front and rear water bridge mods.

Blower cost 350 pounds with intercoolers. Got the intercooler water pump (very important) for 90 pounds. Yes it's a Jaguar supercharger from a 4.0 L V8 - 9:1 compression - 276 kW stock.

All the usual stuff has to be done.

Got it from Just Jags
http://www.jagweb.com/justjags/
has a starting point.

I think they still have one left. If someone else can get one then we can try it together.
So hurry up and get one, anyone! and let's give it a red hot go.

As set up in this pic it does fit under the bonnet of my Soarer. This is spare engine #2 in the shed. I borrowed every cent I could to get two engines and the supercharger shipped out and circuit sprint at Phillip Island in my UZZ32 Active - so now I'm just catching breath and am now on official go slow - so plenty of time to catch up!

Stop mucking about with little blowers and little intercoolers for heavens sake - let's get some real grunt off the line.
Let me know when you get same blower!

C'Mon!! :)

*2* spare engines? How do you plan on using 2?

That's awesome that it fits! Any chance of showing us what's inside? ie pull it apart piece by piece to show how the coolers fit in there etc.. got a manifold under there?

First engine I bought didn't have the starter motor or injectors - but I do need them to see what fits where - so now I have a spare.

Here is underside of blower. Very tight fit between the fuel rails. Intercoolers are German made by BEHR. Look very very nice. Came with the twin bypass valve which was a nice surprise.

Original intake manifold cut close to injectors. Needs milling and then custom welding to intercoolers with some sort of plate that I can get a spanner too. Engine looks grotty - but it's a brand new mirror inside the covers.

So no manifold like a regular blower. Just 4 intake pipes each side. Still a host of problems getting it to fit. But in theory it looks like it could be done. And having a big blower with a couple of big water air intercoolers is quite attractive.

Jordy email Matt at
[email protected]
They are are Jaguar wrecker.
I found mine on Ebay - it didn't reach reserve.
On ebay he is called jen55550 I think.

He had one left in April that was going on Ebay - don't know about any other updates since then.

I hope you do get one!

i am interested that looks so nice and factory. have you got your startermotor still in place? tell me more i emailed jagweb to see if they still have one or can get one.
nixce work by the way very inovative shop around and it is amazing what can be done.

The starter motor is in place. I thought it would be the limiting factor - but in fact the injectors and fuel rail are proving to be bit of a pain.
I filed some casting marks off the bottom of the aluminium intake connector - it has about 4mm clearance over the starter motor.
The supercharger and intercoolers are 8000 miles old, 2000 model and I got the Jag intercooler electric water pump as well. All up to the door was $1 600 Aud from the UK including post and tax. Only took a week to get here.
A heat exchanger is fitted to the front of the car - stock looks like another aircond condensor, upgrade involvesis fitting a much larger heat exchanger, almost another radiator up front in size.
Plumbing a water heat exchanger is a walk in the park compared to fitting an air/air intercooler.
Stock pics of jag blower on engine etc on my site planetsoarer.com
I think the Jag blower is a very neat good looking installation.

how far along are you? I am confused have you adapted the manifolds yet or just cut the lexus one ready for adaption? how do the holes line up and how far off is the snout pulley.
did you get it for 350pound + waterpump?
this thread has really got me interested on Fi just is so neat. full credit must go to you on this

I have only cut the lexus manifold.
The pulley has too many ribs - it is 3 inches in diameter.
The intercooler does not line up - it will have to be milled right back and start again.
One side is better than the other - the banks are staggered.
Pulley lines up - but I will fit new pulley so I can change boost level - that's what I'm waiting for - special tool from USA - Eaton pulley pressed on with 20 ton press - 3 jaw puller will break, shaft and pulley damage without correct tool.
Supercharger complete with intercoolers was 350 Pounds.
Intercooler water pump was 90 pounds.

Front and rear water bridge need massive modification - so do fuel lines to injector rails, coil location, water pump to thermostat housing - it all has to change. Cold start injector, idle air control valve - all this stuff has to be fitted yet. Engine wiring loom, supercharger mounting points separate to manifolds, under manifold water pipe from water pump to heater is ok. Many things to do - but I hope it will turn out looking like a neat factory motor. With heads and exhaust work etc Jag supercharged V8 has 500 hp at flywheel. Bigger injectors needed, plus have to run it all as well. More you want the more involved. Maybe look at a Delco mafless tune first - gawd a lot to happen yet - just little steps.

http://www.pulleyboys.com/
Tool is $120 US from memory, Pulley is from $80 to $160 depending what you want.

is the go for pulley change on an Eaton - the only way I know of to change a pulley. If we get one tool in Australia then we can rent it!
V6 supercharge in Western Australia rent one for V6 supercharged Commodores - don't know if they will rent it out for us. They charge $700 for pulley and tool rental.

Great to see you here Pete, I have been visiting your site for a long time now. I love your R&D approach. It is a great source of information for all 1uz-fe owners. Good luck with this project.
I'll be watching this thread.

Cheers Trev

Wow
Looking good Pete
Once on it should look like a factory Supercharger
Its looks like its made for the 1UZ-FE
Cant wait to get my M90 with Intercooler up and running
Go Superchargers

when you supercharge the 1UZ what kind of engine management do you use? And what if I want to put this in my LS400, what amenities am I going to loose?

The motor I found on CL is a really good deal and if everything works out without too much of a headache I am going to buy it and do the supercharger route like most of you guys.

Unless Lextreme, come out with his single turbo for the LS, then Ill go for that.

Sorry Pagpong I am only going to make two single headers. One for myself and one for my good friend Sniper. That is it. I offered but no one responded.

Great stuff.
Good old Aussie ingenuity hard at work.
Please keep us all informed as to your progress.
Any idea what form/shape the I/Cs are inside the housing?
Regards Des