Turbo Sizeing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8_IS200_marcus

Hi guys, just been looking at some Turbo's for my 1UZ TT Swap, i want 450/550 rwhp.......im looking at T3/T4 Wet floating ball/bearing turbo's, Turbine housing AR.70 Compressor housing AR.50 with 3" inlet 3" outlet. turbo's are good for 450 bhp each!

what do you think guys, im looking for Rapid Spool setup!! ...............i have done turbo setup's before, but the V8 is very new to me....:boggled: and i would like to have some feedback on this Turbo setup, good or bad! its all good for me!

Hi guys, just been looking at some Turbo's for my 1UZ TT Swap, i want 450/550 rwhp.......im looking at T3/T4 Wet floating ball/bearing turbo's, Turbine housing AR.70 Compressor housing AR.50 with 3" inlet 3" outlet. turbo's are good for 450 bhp each!

what do you think guys, im looking for Rapid Spool setup!! ...............i have done turbo setup's before, but the V8 is very new to me....:boggled: and i would like to have some feedback on this Turbo setup, good or bad! its all good for me!

t3 63 / t04e 60-trim
t3 63 / t04s 60-1
Either would be more than capible of doing what you ask. Most of the smaller hybrids could also.

so them turbo's that i have picked.........should work well!

Thanks for your feedback Toysrme......:)

That depends on what compressor wheel the two of them have. All you stated was family and A/R's, no wheel's. There are many different wheels and trims for a T4 (cold side) compressor and not every one will do what you want. The same goes for the T3 (hot side) turbine although the selection is much smaller for T3 turbines then any compressors.

I think you have mixed your compressor and turbine AR's up... If you want quick spool and only around 500WHP, then a .48 turbine housing would do. The compressor housing AR does not influence max HP much at all from what I understand.

The AR. I guess if they are not Garrett they could be anything to make them in.

PS as I said, .70 turbine AR is MASSIVE overkil and wont be anything like quick spool if your goals are around 500WHP. A .48 is ample.

so for my TT 1UZ i would need something like 48 but not to much biger than that,

But the only thing that i dont like is if i go with an A/R of 48 the turbo setup could end up being to "tubulent" at topend! and end up f* the turbos. i will take alook at some turbos with A/R 50+ but keep it below 60

For that power level, you could use a pretty standard configuration with great results. t3 stage3 .48 a/r hot side t04e 50 trim .50 a/r cold side. 2 of these will flow more than enough air for 550whp with good decent intake temps. go to .63 or .8x a/r exhaust and more is possible but yo lose a bit of low end naturally.