Turbo questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Strike_Zero

I'm planning a build for turbo 1uz-fe w/ 5spd manual swapped into a 86-89 Conquest/Starion.

I'm not looking for a eleventy-billion HP . . . but usable torque.

This car will be setup for AutoX (slow to medium speed), some track days, (medium to high speed), and some drifting . . . :squint:

HP goal: 350-400 rwhp
TQ goal: 350-400 rwtq

I'm not sure of the layout yet (single or twin), but the 1uz will be close to stock w/ some injectors (maybe a headgasket if needed to reach my goal). Quick spool is a MAJOR plus . . . .

So far I'm looking at twin CT26s or twins from 300zx (name escapes me)

Is any of this possible?

Help me out?

Thanks

-=PJ
2006 SCR-SCCA Street Mod Champion and WRX STi Killer :D
1993 BMW 325is: M3 Cams and handling crap
2004 Pontiac GTO: PBM on Black LS1 6spd
325issmall.jpg

"If not under warranty, live with it, or bend over and grab ankles."

Yes, it is all feasable.

I would go and pick up a set of 98 and newer headgaskets from a local lexus dealer. They are MLS (multi layer steel) from the factory and fit the earlier engines. Its just added security and peice of mind when under boost, plus they are fairly cheap also.

As for turbo choice, if spool up is important, the deffinitly go twin over single. The CT26's (supra model) would work pretty well but a I know a few guy that are running them on 3S-GTE (MR2 and celica) and the seem to make for a nice upgrade from the CT26's that came stock. I deffinitly would not use the 300ZX TT turbos. They are Garrett T25's and actually start to chock out the VG30 as you approch 6000rpm so they would really chock the 1UZ being that your running 2.0L per turbo with the 1uz vs. 1.5L per turbo with the VG30. Plus the CT's are far more avalible then the T25's from the nissan.

Sweet. . . .

That's what I was looking for . . .

350+ rwhp in a 2700lbs car will be a blast. . . .

I'm searching for the car as I type. . . .I'll post pics and progress when I start . . . .

I see Cartech FMU is recommended for < 8 psi. This is going to be a fun project:saevil: