Tuning SMT6

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

syagash

Hi everyone,

I have finally got my m90 1uz up and running, needs a tune as blows
black smoke and missfires under heavy load.
Im using 330cc injectors from 7m (green), rising rate reg (250 kpa base), and SMT6 piggy back ecu.
Yet to hook up radiator for ATW intercooler but hope to get some tuning as is.
I plan to get dyno tune once intercooler connected but need to drive as is for now.
Tried adjusting fuel table but didn't seem to make any differance even when
down loaded changes to unit (didn't road test with changes).
Any one got any experience with these units ?
Does increasing numbers subtract or add fuel ?
Base calibration supplied by Bullet but with bigger injectors than standard I suspect this is some of the reason for over fueling.
Low to mid load power increase good so far, hope some one can help as am
itching to see what it will do.

Tony.

People that have problems generally just need a few min of guidance to "get it".
You need to tell me *exactly* how you have the smt6 wired, what you are doing & on what screen.
I am assuming you are intercepting the AFM/MAF/Whatever the main air sensor is.
What I need 2 know about that is does it go from low voltage (or frequency) idling to high, or does it idle at high & go to low?
Also, is it a votlage based sensor, or is it frequency based?

For that matter, Get on AIM, or Yahoo Messanger, so we can talk & you can send me your base maps (Or email them 2 me at [email protected])

Be happy tho, black smoke, bogging... It'll wear your rings in a few ten thosuand miles, but ya aint gonna blow up like that LoL!

Thanks for your reply, I think I have found out info required.
Fuel delivery is adjusted through analog screen not fuel table which is used for extra injector.
Current calibration from Bullet uses standard 250 cc injectors without increasing pressure so I can see why it runs rich under load using 330 cc injectors, they run injectors at much higher duty cycle.
Ill try adjusting it and see what happens using caution.

Tony.