Toyota V12

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Doesn't matter. It's two i6's joined in V form. No internal balancing needed because it naturally has perfect balance, no heavy flywheel.

Power capped at 280bhp@ 5200rpm 353lb-ft@ 4000rpm.

Construction is a forged crankshaft with cast rods & pistons.

The 1GZ-FE uses the parts bin from the 1NZ-FE & 2NZ-FE, built off the same assemly line.

Toysrme said:
Doesn't matter. It's two i6's joined in V form. No internal balancing needed because it naturally has perfect balance, no heavy flywheel.

The 1GZ-FE uses the parts bin from the 1NZ-FE & 2NZ-FE, built off the same assemly line.
A v12 can have improper balanced internals.

Your're using the purpose of a v12 wrong... weight balancing and vibration balance is different the v12 is almost vibrationless because of the design thats why they make them the smoothness.

I would really like to get one of these. Are they actually available anywhere? What kind of price? 5000 USD? Of course that intake manifold would have to be redesigned.

Toysrme said:

I am assuming you mean 1MZ-FE and 2 MZ-FE?

The 2MZ-FE is a 2.5L V6 that produces 200bhp and 180lb-ft.

The torque figures listed on this webpage shows that the 5.0L V12 produces almost twice the torque of the 2MZ-FE at 600RPM lower.

If you can rev the 5.0 to 6000rpm (and with the right cam profile this should not be an issue) then you could expect 380-400bhp from the 5.0 on a low spec cam and aftermarket ECU.

I've also been looking at the newer 4 valve,BMW V12s, they are 6.0 I believe, and if the controlls could be sorted out, would make for a nice motor as well.
These are what the Mclaren engines were based on, basically.
I have seen an older 5.0 version (2 valve) installed in a Z car, was pretty slick.
Sorry to go OT, have looked these engines for awhile, and have yet to see a 1GZ-FE for sale; they are rare.

SCV8 said:
I've also been looking at the newer 4 valve,BMW V12s, they are 6.0 I believe, and if the controlls could be sorted out, would make for a nice motor as well.
These are what the Mclaren engines were based on, basically.
I have seen an older 5.0 version (2 valve) installed in a Z car, was pretty slick.
Sorry to go OT, have looked these engines for awhile, and have yet to see a 1GZ-FE for sale; they are rare.
Umm the production N73 V12 and the S70/2 are not the same engine.

http://www.bmwworld.com/engines/12cyl.htm

It is like the difference between M54 3.0L L6 and the S54 3.2L L6.

The S54 is on the way out because of cost, the M54 will be around for a long while yet.

The BMW 850i and 850Ci came with a 5.0L SOHC, 300hp engine. The CSi came with a 5.6L SOHC engine, which I think was significantly different than the 5.0L. It was basically BMW's race version of the V12. BMW upped the regular V12 to 5.4L at some point in time.

I have a friend with an 850i with the 5.0L. It's not a very awe-inspiring engine, though even with the stock exhaust, it sounds great. It is a huge engine, looks wider and longer than the 1GZ. It's worth noting that even though the engine felt weak, the car was still pretty fast, which is surprising since it's connected to a slushbox and the car weighs 2 tons. Actually, even though I hate autos, that car was actually fun to drive because the trans computer actually let you almost redline the engine if you were flooring it.

Driving that car was certainly an experience I am thankful to have, even if it wasn't exactly the greatest.

Edit: I just remembered, one of the major changes to the CSi engine was that it was DOHC.

Its nice to have a V12, but i would not personally want it. The reason why would be aftermarket support and oem replace parts. That will be a nightmare. However, its a very nice engine and would like to learn more about it.

Lextreme said:
Its nice to have a V12, but i would not personally want it. The reason why would be aftermarket support and oem replace parts. That will be a nightmare. However, its a very nice engine and would like to learn more about it.
If a person is looking for this motor specifically, this is certainly not your average person.

A v12 can have improper balanced internals.

Your're using the purpose of a v12 wrong... weight balancing and vibration balance is different the v12 is almost vibrationless because of the design thats why they make them the smoothness.
You won't find a smoother engine than Toyota's JZ i6's (Maybe a wankel). Historically, all v12 +'s have good internal balancing. Toyota's v12 has excellent internal balancing, being mostly based off their previous i6's.
I am assuming you mean 1MZ-FE and 2 MZ-FE?
No, I meant exactly what I said. It's built using the 1NZ-FE & 2NZ-FE parts bins at the Kamigo engine plant. NOT parts bins from any of the v6 family, which are all built at the Shimoyama Plant.

Good luck to anyone that's trying to buy them. Productions is sporadic at best as it was only used for the big Crown. Obviously that means you have to get one imported, and I'm sure there are pleanty of other people trying to do the same, making the supply even shorter. :'(

It has to do with the vectors provided by the angles/phasing of the cylinders firing; what is created is a naturally balanced motor.
The other intriguing part of the V12 is that you can have less internal stresses with a large displacement by spreading out the load, and minimizing the weight of the individual components.
I do hope to own one someday.
I'll bet the bore spacing is the same on those 2 BMW motors; I haven't taken the time to decipher the alph/numeric , but know well that big companies don't completely re-design overnight, and what they learn from a previous application is put into the next generation.
When the M versions of the three series cars came out they led you to believe that it was a special design when only details had been changed.

Toysrme said:
You won't find a smoother engine than Toyota's JZ i6's (Maybe a wankel). Historically, all v12 +'s have good internal balancing. Toyota's v12 has excellent internal balancing, being mostly based off their previous i6's.
No, I meant exactly what I said. It's built using the 1NZ-FE & 2NZ-FE parts bins at the Kamigo engine plant. NOT parts bins from any of the v6 family, which are all built at the Shimoyama Plant.

'(
Again its not about internal weight balance any engine has good internal balance today... ITS balancing VIBRATIONand smooth power delivery.

I dont agree with you purpose of V12's are to be smoother than engines with less cylinders. A simple search in any net search engine will support this.

With the current F1 engines there is an up/down vibration produced, where some of the dampening can be accomplished by the car's suspension, pretty cool.
The next generation V8 cars will have to deal with a side to side vibration that is harder to fix.

I know im digging up an old thead but i guess thats whats exepcted when i use search instead of making a new thread, anyhow would anyone know of an engine importer in the us that could get a 1gz-fe, i would like to seriously ask them what they can get it to me for. if its not too outragious then i would love to play with one.