TKO 600 Conversion Available

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Gang,

I am proud to announce Thor Racing is offering a conversion kit for the 1-3UZFE with Tremec TKO 600. This manual transmission is the toughest known to the hot rod world. This transmission can handle 600 lbs of torque (I think the Supra V160 only rated at 350 lbs of torque)

THOR-Racing_tko600_to_1uzfe_1_sm.jpg

THOR-Racing_tko600_to_1uzfe_2_sm.jpg

THOR-Racing_tko600_to_1uzfe_3_sm.jpg

THOR-Racing_tko600_to_1uzfe_4_sm.jpg

Please contact Pete [email protected] for more details

Hi all,

To put the TKO600 into perspective we have had a 7lt twin turbo chevy engine producing 850ft/lb of torque through a TKO600 box and it still driving around well over a year now. As measured on our Dynapack chassis dyno.

The TKO600 can take a sustained loading of 600ft/lb. How many times do you hold 600ft/lb of torque though a box. Most of the time it's short bursts of much higher torque. These boxes are even tougher (specified!)than the new T56 from the Dodge Vipers.

Only 5spd but I can live with that given the capacity of torque.

If I wanted anything better I'd go for a PowerGlide auto.

Regards
Pete

Hi i have a few quick questions im checking online stores for a TKO600 and they got like 3-4 diffrent models ? Do you have a specific part number for the tranny ? And what do they mean by 2.87 first / ??? 0.64 od or 0.82 od ??? Thank you .

The conversion was based on the Tremec TCET4168 box.

BUT.....

The only IMPORTANT! feature is that this is the CHEVY style box. (NOT the FORD!)
This dictates the length of the input shaft.

The numbers you mention are the gear ratios.

Regards
Pete

BTW did you mean TCET4618 i cant find TCET4168 . It is nice to have another choice of gearbox now ! What should be used as Clutch and flywheel, custom FW ? And i wonder now how will it it fit on a MK4 supra

Yes sorry a typo. It's the TECT4618
We make a custom flywheel and the problem you will get is fitting it in the transmission tunnel. Shoulders of the gearbox require the MANUAL transmission tunnel of the Supra and not the Auto one.Unless you're good with a hammer!

Pete

I've run the TKO600 for a year or so now and love it....a great shift and no probs to date (touch wood) and i give it a hiding on a regular basis. This IS the box for any high power UZ.

Pete,

Perhaps we can do a group purchase on this adaptor plate. Would you please pm me the price please. I have a T56 in my Cobra and absolutely love it and would love to have a TKO behind the SC470TT.

What are the overall dimensions and would this fit in an SC400? Do we have to fabricate our own shifters?
I think the shifter and other paddles, we can use the SC300 5 speed parts. Xirforver is gathering a complete list of parts for a manual swap.

Note: I noticed the Mustang TKO600 (Ford) version is cheaper then the Chevy version. Is there any reasons why?

Thor racing told me not to take the ford one because the input shaft is not the same size .

The conversion was based on the Tremec TCET4168 box.

BUT.....

The only IMPORTANT! feature is that this is the CHEVY style box. (NOT the FORD!)
This dictates the length of the input shaft.

The numbers you mention are the gear ratios.

Regards
Pete

Hi,

The adaptor plate we made was for the GM style TKO box. This was for OUR purposes..... we are able to modify the design to make a FORD version.

So a group buy could be for GM or Ford. Your choice.

TKO600 Adaptor plate (GM or Ford) is £195 individually or for a group purchase of 10 units this will be £169 (Steel... electroplated)

R154 Adaptor plate is £350 individually or for a group purchase of 10 units this will be £295 (higher price due to thicker Aluminium)

plus shipping at cost.

I can also do you a group purchase of the flywheel and spigot bearing arrangement if interested.

Regards
Pete

A few questions.

Do modifications need to be made to the starter in order for it to work with the setup?

Which cars has this been tried GS, SC, etc on, my concern is will the Cars stock ecu throw fits with the manual transmission.

How much clearance will need to be hammered out in order for the transmission and bellhousing to fit.

what clutch setup will fit, does it need to be custom?

Thanks.

For some Americans on currency conversion.

195.00 GBP = 379.159 USD
United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars
1 GBP = 1.94441 USD 1 USD = 0.514296 GBP

169.00 GBP = 328.630 USD
United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars
1 GBP = 1.94456 USD 1 USD = 0.514256 GBP