Timing problem Microtech computor

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fugazirpm406

Please Help!
I have transplanted a 1UZFe into my Toyota SR5 :shocked: and have had a Microtech computer fitted by the Auto Sparkie ( has fitted two similar set ups in the past).
Have also replaced the cam belt, rotors ,caps, sensors, leads etc.
The cam timing has been checked by three different people and all marks correspond correctly on this engine and are the same as one yet to be serviced.
To get the engine to run requires the cam sensor wires to be reversed causing an RPM error. This in turn makes the vehicle un drivable from around 2000 - 3000 rpm.
With all the sensor wires in the correct configuration the engine is trying to run 30 degrees advance on the timing light.:headache:
The Sparkie has scoped all the signals with a SNAPON box and they appear to check out.
We have also swapped the ECU with another proven unit.
Still no joy!
It would be fear to say at this point we are fresh out of ideas , possibly over looked the obvious and we would appreciate any help we can get.

I had similiar rpm misfiring and refusing to rev over 3k rpm (I have thread on here about it) I ended up putting a resistor on the signal line from the crank pos sensor - to me it seems as is there was an impedance mismatch of the oem vr sensor to the ecu - try it - it takes seconds to solder a resistor in line - it solved my problems in a heartbeat

make sur eu have not wired the cam and crank wires back to front

they do have a poss and a neg wire
neg is ground
pos is the signal

ive done heaps of 1uzs never had any probs with a mircotech

if yr ever down in sydney drop it in and ill fix it heheeh

make sur eu have not wired the cam and crank wires back to front

they do have a poss and a neg wire
neg is ground
pos is the signal

ive done heaps of 1uzs never had any probs with a mircotech

if yr ever down in sydney drop it in and ill fix it heheeh

To get the engine to run requires the cam sensor wires to be reversed causing an RPM error. This in turn makes the vehicle un drivable from around 2000 - 3000 rpm.
With all the sensor wires in the correct configuration the engine is trying to run 30 degrees advance on the timing light and will not start.

This is not the first 1UZFE that we have had . We have succesfully installed several into Jet Boats (one Supercharged). All but this one ran with out a problem.:sad:

Thanks for the input guys going to have a play with it in the next few days. I hope to find a dumb mistake:pat:

if u have toi reverse the cam wires then there is some thing wrong somewhere

did u buy the mircotech new or 2nd hand

i stick clear of 2nd hand ones cause u never know what they came off

if u have toi reverse the cam wires then there is some thing wrong somewhere

did u buy the mircotech new or 2nd hand

i stick clear of 2nd hand ones cause u never know what they came off

Thanks sideshow like the web site by the way.Would be more than happy to bring the vehicle to you if you were closer. This problem has been going on for six months and I am a little sick of walking so any help I can get is greatly appreciated.
The ECU is brand new and was thought to be the problem ( might have been built on a Friday). It was sent back and tested aok according to Microtech.
I have in the last to days re checked all the mechanical timing side of things right down to having the rocker covers off . All appears to be correct. All the ,marks are lining up including the rotors. All the pick up triggers line up correctly ( doubled checked with an engine yet to be overhauled).
Electrically the sensors have been scoped and are the right way round.
The engine has been tested both with the O2 sensor disconnected and connected.
The temp sender is reading correct on the lap top and has been checked with a mechanical gauge.
If the mechanical side of the engine is correct and the sensors are wired correct what else could cause the engine to run 30 degrees advanced???
Could the engine be running on the wasted spark and if so how can I check this?

there is a plate behind the crank pulley that is the geared tooth for the crank sensor did this get removed
just a thought but maybe it got put on back to front which might actually put timing abit out

u can adjust the overal timing on the microtech
has this been looked at