Thermo Inlet Relocation

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Brandon Roku

So I'm building a front facing intake for my 1uz. So far i have the intake plenum cut at about 6" of clearance between each individual port on the lower runner. Basically, the mainlower intake plenum is now 2 plenums cut about 7-8" from the mounting plate. Not horribly uncommon.

My question is: since i will be running a throttle body directly over the thermostat intake valve, and directly through the water transfer bridge.. Has anybody mod'ed the bridge or thermostat area od the block to allow for this as of yet? Ive fou nnnnd similar things, but nothing that conpletely clears the area. Just need a design to follow if possible.

Regardless, this might turn into a build thread considering its going to happen weather i find a design or create one. Hoping someone has info!!

Thanks guys!

I have er partly.

I'm fitting a 1UZ-FE into a GT40 and the waterbridge out and thermostat interfere with the rear bulkhead. So my plans are to make adapters for the ends of the waterbridge where they bolt to the heads and run conventional silicone hose to a 'T'. Then remove the thermostat and replace it with a 90degree bend. In my application I'm running a remote thermostat at the front of the car but the theory is the same, another 'T' in the pipe from the bridge connecting to the thermostat, if you wanted to keep the layout roughly the same you use two 'T's or create a double.

So far I've only made the 90degree bend for the waterpump outlet however.