The cressida is now driveable

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
400ZED said:
Back to Back dyno runs are not useless at all done on the same dyno even if it is not a acurate dyno it will give results relative to a previouse run. telling of improvements asross the rev range FAR FROM USELESS.
you've miss-read my post....
"apart from tuning OR back to back tests dyno's are useless anyway."
i said they are only good for back to back tests or tuning.
my point is there is no point comparing one car on one dyno to another car on another dyno...as all dyno results vary.

400ZED said:
1/4 times have their downside as welldiff ratios and weight and suspension setups not everyone or many people want to drive a car setup for 0-400 meters never the most practical thing
Dynos are irriplacable although peak power is only the tip of the information gathered from a properley run dyno.it is about area and torque curves and smooth curves not just peak.
well a quarter mile.... think about it..... you're only flooring it for 10-20 secs depending on car. that's all that you're ever going to do on the street.
i think it's a great benchmark for how a car will perform on the street.

also, if you're ever out cruising the street and come across some1 to race, what type of race is it gonna be at the next set of lights??
straight drag. :) to the speed limit of course.

but i'm not saying a quarter mile run will give a 100% true indication of how a car performs on the street. obviously handling is not taken into the equation.

i'm just saying its about 3 times more accurate than results from a dyno.
dyno's don't cater for diff ratios, suspension setup, car weight. (which should be a MAJOR FACTOR when dealing with this engine considering all the cars that came with it from factory are fat-dogs! :p or the type of car used in a conversion could make a huge difference of how the car performs... at least a quarter mile takes in all this)
look at my truck example again. :p

True True i di miss read.

1/4 times do have their problems but are a great bench mark especially if you know a bit about the car tyres and what not.

I still want to hear how MX-83V8 planns to retard the exhaust cam by anything less agricultral than a tooth. and want to know why he is upsizing injectors on a stock NA motor. And what dyno he had giving him 250RWHP i doubt it'e credability but am not calling any one a lier just want the claim backed up a bit. if it is 250 at 5100 nothing short of dam impressive.

it was done on a dyno dynamics dyno in shootout mode as far as i can remember i couldnt get hold of my tuner today to verify.my injectors are not maxing out they are at 80% i would like to see them a little lower thats why i am changing them and also because i got them at a great price.the car made 251 rwhp at 5900 rpm not 5100.if someone can tell me how i can put the dyno sheet up i will so all can see.i am sorry but we are going to try the agricultural retard of the exhaust cams,the guy helping me with it has done it a few times with good results he has dyno sheets to show me the gains to be had,i will try it on mine and let you all know how it goes.

fare enough 251 that is awesome bloody amazing. where is your tunner with results like that i wouldn't mind having a talk to him as i said exhaust inlet and wolf and an auto motor is out of a 93 soarer i think it was not fully tunned but all we got was 170rwhp only tunned to 5000. but i am not expecting much more 180 may cut it out. i was thinking 250 was not possible without cams or headwork do you have your map that you can upload. what fuel are you running?
I am impressed 250 amazing dam amazing.

i am running optimax only no other additives in the tank i want to be able to run it on fuel that is readily available.i only have my dyno chart with me at the moment the rest of my info is with my tuner.if you want my tuners info p/m me and i will give it to you if you like.i think we will be doing the injectors and the agricultural modification to the cams this weekend.

Wow, 251rwhp is increadible! I'd love to see it. Toymods had a dyno day today (in Sydney), but I didn't go. Next one in 6 months. We should see how many 1UZs we can get there and run them all head-to-head.

Keep us updated on the cams too.

couldnt get the cams done on the weekend my tuner was busy and he is racing super tourers this one coming so it will have to be the one after that.