The cressida is now driveable

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mx-83v8

Yeah thanks guys the conversion really wasnt that hard and the wiring in of the ecu was real easy.it all took up about 4 days to complete from start to where i am now .

The 1uzfe cressida guys will be able to start their own forum soon.
May I also point out that this thread is useless without pics :)

write up soon ?

mx 83-v8
Are you going to do a write up? And are you going to post some pics so we can take a gander?

I'm still wondering what to do about the flywheel/clutch set up. and what ecu did you go with.

Yeah i will do a write up as soon as i finish the project and as soon as i go through all of the pics and the stuff i have written down while doing it.
i got a flywheel/clutch set up made up for me because i have heard from other people the the dellow and castlemaine rod shop stuff has faulted in their cars.i am running the LINK PLUS ecu in mine,with just the ecu and exhaust but standard manifolds i have 230rwhp and hoping for more soon.

mx-83v8 said:
Yeah i will do a write up as soon as i finish the project and as soon as i go through all of the pics and the stuff i have written down while doing it.
i got a flywheel/clutch set up made up for me because i have heard from other people the the dellow and castlemaine rod shop stuff has faulted in their cars.i am running the LINK PLUS ecu in mine,with just the ecu and exhaust but standard manifolds i have 230rwhp and hoping for more soon.

230RWHP?

so thats 170RWKW, thats pretty impressive.

btw have you been to www.toyotacressida.com? definately worth a look, theres a few other engine swapped MX-73's and MX-83's

yeah i have been there for a look its a good site,yes it does have 230rwhp it is going to the tuner next weekend for some more work and for us to look at putting a twin turbo setup together for it .

mx-83v8 said:
yeah i have been there for a look its a good site,yes it does have 230rwhp it is going to the tuner next weekend for some more work and for us to look at putting a twin turbo setup together for it .
Thats awesome, if you can get 2 turbo's in that engine bay, your doing very very well.

where abouts in aus are you located?

we have looked at the engine bay and have done some measurements and have worked out that we can put a twin turbo setup in there,the battery will have to be moved and the cruise control motor moved as well to give room on the passenger side not a real drama at all.
we are looking at using the t28 turbos off a s15 silvia which are ball bearing and if i can get the *** version ones they have the metal exhaust wheel ,these turbos should provide good response for not much outlay and they can be rebuilt as well i have been told.

hey guys i have had the car tuned a little more now and we have 251 rwhp with the revs limited to 5900 rpm i need now either cams or custom exhaust manifolds made if i stay to the N/A route,but the old girl pulls like a steam train now.

the engine i got is a 1992 one with the better crank,rods and pistons.the motor had only travelled 28000 kms we are going to retard the exhaust cams next weekend hopefully and put in bigger injectors in an attempt to get more power and revs out of the old girl.the guy helping me do this has done it before with good results he has the dyno charts which he is bringing down to me to look at.i will tell you guys how we go with it all.

don't mean to sound like a doubting thomas but what dyno is that on? if you got 250rwhp that is SO DAM IMPRESSIVE that is 187 rwkw which is a couple down on factory engine specs. there are alot of people hererunning 160-180 from gear with more modifications than yours.( some autos though)
your shouldn't be maxing out your duty cycle on the standard injectors yet. how are you planning on retarding the exhaust cam?

remember an auto will sap a lot of RWHP compared to a manual.

i know one soarer owner (he has converted his SC400 to manual with the supra box and piggyback comp.) who swears every time he drive his mate's auto soarer he gets bored very quickly.

the tiptronic changer that KDog makes plays is the new brain in the auto box and doesn't allow it to slip as much as normal, reducing the heat loss thru slippage and therefore reducing power loss thru the transmission.

Just going through a few posts on otherpeoples dyno results

"Lvangundy
Moderator Join Date: Mar 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about 3,880lbs / 170 RWHP"
a quote from Lex himself on expected RWHP for a aftermarket ecu and full custom exhaust
"Lextreme
Just call me Lex Join Date: Mar 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

possible around 175-180 rwhp "

Or a post by V8 supra a man running a pretty stock 1uz himself
"V8Supra
Moderator Join Date: May 2003

My money is on 182hp @ 5,100rpm

I may sound like a sore looser who got 170rwHP on a new dyno dynamics dyno. i am not saying you did not do it i just want to be able to get an extra 80RWHP all thouge i can't expect to get all of that as i am running an auto but there are other threads of back to back dyno runs after manuall conversions telling of minimall max HP gains.
You havn't said what dyno/mode this power was run on i had my car on a dodgy dyno where it was putting out 200RWHP before it was tunned it was running like a dog. there are what we call customer dyno's out there.

apart from tuning or back to back tests dyno's are useless anyway.
they don't give a true indication of the performance of a car at all.

every dyno gives a different reading and each have many settings to run on.
you cant compare a dyno run from one dyno to a dyno run from another.
unless both cars are done on the same dyno then it wont be accurate.

take this site as another example:
http://www.mtu-friedrichshafen.com/en/ps/ps1010402_3.htm
one is putting out 900kW.... lets see it on the street....slow as sh*t.

i say bring on the quarter mile times.
the ONLY REAL PERFORMANCE BENCHMARK. : D

dyno dynamics dyno on shootout mode gives very reputable results. a properley mainrtained dyno gets calibrated yearly. Back to Back dyno runs are not useless at all done on the same dyno even if it is not a acurate dyno it will give results relative to a previouse run. telling of improvements asross the rev range FAR FROM USELESS.
1/4 times have their downside as welldiff ratios and weight and suspension setups not everyone or many people want to drive a car setup for 0-400 meters never the most practical thing
Dynos are irriplacable although peak power is only the tip of the information gathered from a properley run dyno.it is about area and torque curves and smooth curves not just peak.

MX-83V8 how are you planning on advancing you exhaust cam. have you made a variable centre gear??
Have you maxed out the duty cycle on your injectors?

400ZED said:
I may sound like a sore looser who got 170rwHP on a new dyno dynamics dyno. i am not saying you did not do it i just want to be able to get an extra 80RWHP all thouge i can't expect to get all of that as i am running an auto but there are other threads of back to back dyno runs after manuall conversions telling of minimall max HP gains..

max hp isn't what i'm talking about dude. you are very correct that it is a minimal gain in total.

it's the power lost while the convertor is slipping - notably more in the midrange rpm. you end up with more AVERAGE power - the car with more average power is the quicker car.