teaser pics "Top Secret" manifold vers. 2

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDMfantasy

As promised, here's a few shots of the new 2U manifold:
Picture023.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture028.jpg

As you can see its a bit shorter than the stock manifold, and the front follows the downward slope of the hood. The two plenums will join smoothly at the center piece out front. We should have it completed within a week or so.

It should be around 6 liters when done, perhaps a bit more. I'll get an exact capacity once its complete.
The entry piece will be replaces with more of a "Y" piece to smooth out flow to each plenum. There will also be a equalizer tube at the rear.
We will put up some more pics this weekend, stay tuned!:mischievo

Sorry, i dont get it.
Whats so amazing about it?

I cant see any internal bell mouths, pipes are not tapered for equal air flow, very short intake runners = very high RPM tuning, etc.

It's going to be the first one of it's kind for the Lexus/ Toyota V8's. Here is the model, and the effect that is being emulated.

130_0406_350z_04_zjpg

This manifold is designed to fit under a lower hood, as most cars these motors are swapped into are smaller and have tighter clearances.
The runners are shortened up significantly as it will be pressurized. The 20+" stock runners are more of a hindrance than anything when under boost.
The ports will be radiused to a "bell mouth" as well. Another plus is the weight savings over the stock monster.

Yep, that TopSecret V35 pulled some pretty good figures with that manifold, i always wondered if a simpler tube-style manifold would have good results considering how much simpler it would be to build compared to a more complicated box plenum/ curved runner design.

Will be interesting to see how you go with that. I was amazed at the V35 GT-R (if you could call it that) engine specs, it was basically a mix n match of stock parts with VG30DE pistons! They said it was making 700ps in testing, donno how long it owuld last though

Nice work.. I noticed its for either 2uzfe or post 98 zufe heads. Do u have any idea on grain and price for the final product? How are you going to block the end opening?

i'm glad you put a balancing pipe between them at the rear there.

6.0L is a pretty spot on volume for FI. (2.5x engine capacity).

i don't like the look of it personally, but it's still a nice bit of gear.

top stuff.

This test intake is NOT even finished or working, and Cowboy is selling it already? How would this intake perform?
How much gain could be expected from this intake?
How much work is needed to make it work?
How would the car behave with this mod?
What about other sensors and accesories connections?

None of the above questions can be answered, but yet he is selling this UNPROVEN (on uzfe) product. We banned Cowboy because we as a site does not endorse or approve his business style.

Thanks Pro :veryhappy, true it may not be for everyone (it is a bit out there), but hopefully it will perform as intended!

Well, like a lot of things on this forum, it is another "first", just like the Chevy rods or 2JZ valve components. I believe the adjustable cam gears were being sold awhile back even though they were not yet ready for production, correct?

When compared to other manifolds I have made of similar construction (only difference being twin plenum instead of one), I believe it should perform quite well. The volume has been increased, the runners have been shortened to a much more boost friendly length, there are no internal restrictions whatsoever, and the throttle body (Q45 for this one) will accomodate the drivers needs (stock on up to accufab 105mm).

Exact gains? Can't say as of now....It would largely depend on the application. A heavily forced induction setup would see more of a result than a mild NA setup. Those seeking all out torque, no top end, I probably would not reccomend this manifold.

The amount of work required to swap to this manifold would be no greater than any other manifold swap. You would run which ever throttle body you chose, and have intercooler piping made to fit for the new location. You would run the throttle cable to the new TB location. Fitting for vacuum lines are drilled and tapped in the rear. Much like the Veilside or Virtual Works intake for the Supra, EGR and other sensors are disregarded. Anyone who NEEDS to have them in place, they can be added.

The behavior of the car would again depend on the application. If tuned correctly, as stated before, I would imagine quite well.

Again, like alot of the parts on this forum that are specialty/custom/prototype pieces (Because GReddy, Veilside...you name it, do not make aftermarket parts for our motors), this is another custom part that we now have available to us. For those looking to push the envelope and see what the _UZ motors are all about, you now have an intake manifold that will help you reach your goals. Yes, its not yet "proven", but it fits (better than a stock manifold fits into swaps) and takes no more knowledge or effort than any other manifold to make work. And, like most other custom/aftermarket parts, you can expect to relocate, modify, adjust, or remove something to make it work. Like Terror said, the 350Z that used a similar manifold laid down some serious power using something that, before then, wasn't "proven". I'm just trying to help out the community with some new parts that otherwise are just an idea. We will be using this manifold, or even another similar manifold, so you can bet it will be utilized to the max, and put through the paces.

I'm not trying to break any rules Dave, so if I'm stepping over the line on anything please let me know.:sorry:

JDM,

You are ok. I just think Cowboy is little too premature offering this part. This part is still under development but yet, he is offering this unit already. We love innovations. This forum is found based on innovations. However, we as a site feel cowboy is providing our members lots performance products in "Theoretical Functions" It means, it worked on 2JZ therefore it must work on the UZ. As a site we need to protect our members. Since this is the only site with one common interest. It’s our obligation and ethical duty to do this.

Thanks. :wtf: Now I have to wonder about the money I just spent with him on the group buy for the W58 adaptor... I've been keeping tabs on it through this site.

Is there proof that he's scammed anyone? Is there proof that he hasn't delivered on anything? Seems banning him for putting a prototype part up for sale is a bit premature...

Status
Not open for further replies.