T66 second opinions welcome.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dewme5

I'm ordering parts for putting in the R154 sitting on my garage floor. Shopping around, picking up a few little tidbits, and I stumble across a Garret T66 for $400. .70A/r compressor, .81A/r T4 exhaust.

From what I can gather, this fits my needs pretty well.

1uz
R154
3.91 LSD rear
2600lb mini truck

Looking for about 425hp to the rear wheels. Right at 1bar of boost.

I want to keep it quick, but streetable. I'm running the MS3, and will have elec boost control.

so.. Close enough to good, or should I keep shopping. The money isn't bad, but my last turbo project was 12 years ago, so I'm not fully back to speed on all turbo stuff.

Little old school ? But good size for revable 4.0 engine .. Power may not come on strong but should be very tractable !! Turbo's that hit hard are pita to control wheel spin.. Should make 4 / 500 h.p easy . I guess your fitting atleast 42mm waste gate ?? Yep all good ..

Last edited:
It seemed right. But for the money, I'm thinking I should just save my pennies and get the right one. A new turbo, is 2x the money, but that's a new turbo. New tech, no unknown damage, can get the flanges I want.. etc etc.

Probberly already got a turbo by now but being in the states I don't think you could look past a new s300 Borg Warner, 60-66mm version would suit good.