T-56

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

Has anyone mated a 1uz with a tremec t-56 6 speed? I e-mailed CRS and they said their adapter plate for the 1uz to TH400 would work as it would be the same bolt pattern. I'm not sure if this is true because i saw an adapter plate for the ls1 98-up t-56 for the older small block chevy. Also, the previous t-56's i n camaro's were behind LT-1's which i don't know if this pattern would be exactly the same as the older chevy small block. Anyway, i've found the t-56's for $500 in the U.S. and figure i could steal the hydralyics and and even clutch from a junked camaro. CRS also said they sold the flywheel for the 1uz and the ring gear. My car is a 92 sc400 with 94,000 miles in fantastic shape, does this sound like a good idea? Also the differential i'd use would be the 4.2... from the 5 speed sc300 as the t-56 has pretty tall ratios (but close). Please comments, ideas, etc.

My Cobra came with T45 and i swap it out for a T56 few years back. All i can say is that the T56 is very smooth and have no problem at all. I assume you would need Chevy bellhousing in order to make it to work. T56 is widely use in the late 90 til now. Vets, Vipers, Trans Ams, Cobras and few other cars use that tranny.

The T56 price is very attractive. I would seriously consider this tranny before the Supra 6 speed. Easy to find parts, lot cheaper and can handle about 900 hp.

Can someone lead me in the right direction as far as getting a flywheel made for a the 1uz and the t-56 clutch. CRS said they make the flywheel, but i don't know if they mean that it would work with the t-56 clutch. I'm just thinking i would get the 1uz-chevy adapter plate from them and find someone in the u.s. to make the flywheel to save shipping costs. Who might make a 1uz flywheel here?

I recall that the 3SGTE Celica flywheel will work, fits the starter w/ the ring gear reversed/chamfered. Not sure as to whether or not the crank holes need to be welded up, and re-drilled. A clutch that would be beefy enough to work with such a heavy car like ours that will fit the Celica flywheel is going to be expensive though.
The T-56 uses a pull type clutch in the GM cars at least, probably not what you want, but if the bellhousing/throwout arm is set up for that already, maybe it'd be worthwhile, is this what you're thinking?